Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it wasn't exactly controversy free.. Suarez, 3 pens (2 to City?), red card, bad miss, stupid mistakes by City, key player injured early, all the luck going to the home team (some of which, as the saying goes, they "earned"). Hopefully they used all their luck in one go and somehow they stink Carrow Road out or Chelsea somehow steal it at Anfield but I won't be banking on it.

Not to mention Igor punching the ball out of the penalty area!

Guess who the ref was!

Chelsea are rock at the back, and play with two deep midfield destroyers, they won't find them easy to break down under pressure, let's not forget Chelsea recently spanked Arsenal, Psg, went to the Eithiad and won!

Oh it's on!

Torres to score 90th minute winner off his arse, Jose runs and celebrates in front of the kop

Yeah I agree, Chelsea were 7/1 for the league last week, I was very tempted to throw money at it.

We all know how good of a tactician Mourinho is, if they can nullify Liverpool's attack they should win. His dislike for Liverpool should help too.

Am I right in thinking Chelsea generally do well against Liverpool?

Those two semi finals in Europe a sore memory though. Hopefully he can get the mind games right, Gerrard's display at the final whistle was strange. You've never seen anyone else do that with 4 games to go and the league still in the balance.

Those
two semi finals in Europe a sore memory though. Hopefully he can get the mind games right, Gerrard's display at the final whistle was strange. You've never seen anyone else do that with 4 games to go and the league still in the balance.

Expect Jose to use Gerrard's celebrations as motivation for chelsea

Expect Jose to use Gerrard's celebrations as motivation for chelsea

I'm sure he will. It was there for everyone to see how much they invested into that game, tall ask to go and do it another 3 times. (I'm not counting Newcastle, that's the easiest 3 points they'll get all season)

Those two semi finals in Europe a sore memory though. Hopefully he can get the mind games right, Gerrard's display at the final whistle was strange. You've never seen anyone else do that with 4 games to go and the league still in the balance.
He played a blinder this week did Jose, he didn't have a press conference before or after the games this weekend, let the media hype takeover around the city vs Norway game! Let all the pressure be on everyone else!

Baseline is:

Semi final of the CL, great chance of winning the title!

to be fair if one of our players was that emotional after winning we would all be impressed with the passion.

I think I'd want our captain to be keeping a bit more composure than that though when the race is far from over.

It's like the jockey of a horse out in front in the Grand National jumping the last fence then fist pumping and crying before the final run to the finish line.

I still think he's a cringeworthy bell.

Ha ha Hanson, you bell "it won't be a great season for Liverpool unless they win the league".

* waits for cracks!

It won't be their fans will go on a rampage if they [Poor language removed].this up, when city equalised today anfield turned poisonous

I think I'd want our captain to be keeping a bit more composure than that though when the race is far from over.

It's like the jockey of a horse out in front in the Grand National jumping the last fence then fist pumping and crying before the final run to the finish line.

I still think he's a cringeworthy bell.

As I've said, it's not something you've seen the likes of Keane, Viera, Vidic, Terry etc do down the years. He just looked drained to me, whereas Chelsea are going quietly under the radar now. Their other 3 games are pretty much wins before a ball has been kicked, can't say the same for Liverpool.

I have a funny feeling Norwich could be a bit of a banana skin for them.

By the time they kick off there Chelsea should be back in front and City should be within a point of them.

Then the pressure goes on them big time.

I have a funny feeling Norwich could be a bit of a banana skin for them.

By the time they kick off there Chelsea should be back in front and City should be within a point of them.

Then the pressure goes on them big time.

Made up Hughton's gone, he would've been waving the white flags from the off.

New fella in charge, desperate for points, Liverpool not up to scratch because of how much they put into the City game... Stranger things have happened.

As I've said, it's not something you've seen the likes of Keane, Viera, Vidic, Terry etc do down the years. He just looked drained to me, whereas Chelsea are going quietly under the radar now. Their other 3 games are pretty much wins before a ball has been kicked, can't say the same for Liverpool.
newcastle, a basically safe palace n a norwich who r [Poor language removed] scared of suarez are just as easy as chelseas fixtures imo

dont think theyll beat chelsea anyway

newcastle, a basically safe palace n a norwich who r [Poor language removed] scared of suarez are just as easy as chelseas fixtures imo

dont think theyll beat chelsea anyway

I'm really hopeful Palace or Norwich get it together. They've scraped through in those types of games all season, about time they lost one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back