Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take Liverpool's thrilling 3-2 win over Manchester City, for example. Luis Suarez dived over Martin Demichelis and the City players asked referee Mark Clattenburg why he wasn't booked. To be honest, they had every right to.

If it wasn't a free kick, then Suarez must have dived. He wasn't claiming that he was trying to get out of the way of the defender by jumping over him because he was rolling around holding his shin.

In the face of such blatant gamesmanship, I would be the first player to ask the question. I think it's perfectly reasonable to ask if it isn't a free kick, why isn't it a booking for diving?

If those are the rules, then I have a right to ask why the rules are not being applied, don't I?

The answer is simple. Clattenburg did not want to send off Suarez because the knock-on effect is that he would have seriously dented an entire team's title chances in the face of what is a groundswell of neutral support in Liverpool's favour. All of that went through his head in a nano-second.

From the secret footballer, don't normally read his tosh but this is so true

From the secret footballer, don't normally read his tosh but this is so true
"The answer is simple. Clattenburg did not want to send off Suarez because the knock-on effect is that he would have seriously dented an entire team's title chances in the face of what is a groundswell of neutral support in Liverpool's favour. All of that went through his head in a nano-second."

Yeah, including his own 'neutral' view expressed a week or so ago that he wanted Liverpool to win it.

Talk about the short memory of a hypocrite.

Where are they digging up all these "neutral" fans wanting Liverpool to win from?

From what I can gather on the sports sections of general message boards, very few want these twerps to win it.

Where are they digging up all these "neutral" fans wanting Liverpool to win from?

From what I can gather on the sports sections of general message boards, very few want these twerps to win it.

For "neutrals" read "middle aged hacks trying to relive their youth when Liverpool were on top".

This isn't Spain. We dont do favourite second teams here. If your team doesn't win then that's it. You dont give a flying one who wins what...unless it's to passionately hope your local rival doesn't win. That's how it works. That's how it's always worked.

The media. Clueless as ever. They'll never understand football. Never.

Sturridge out for them may well cost them the title.

He is the one who scores goals when suarez isn't. If suarez is diving and and not getting a decent shot away then they will be stuck despite their 90 goals.

Count the norwich game our but the other 3 should be interesting.......

Some idiot made a sneering comment on Twitter regarding the Hillsborough tributes. Quite rightly, he got shot down in flames, but the disturbing thing is the use of social media to publicise his phone number and the urging of people to phone him up and give him what for. I am sure he has already had death threats galore.

Two wrongs do not make a right.

Sturridge out for them may well cost them the title.

He is the one who scores goals when suarez isn't. If suarez is diving and and not getting a decent shot away then they will be stuck despite their 90 goals.

Count the norwich game our but the other 3 should be interesting.......
Sturridge being out will not cost them the title. Don't delusion yourself with this thought.

There is only one player on that team that influences not only the way they play, but how they get results. Its not Sturridge.

Sturridge being out will not cost them the title. Don't delusion yourself with this thought.

There is only one player on that team that influences not only the way they play, but how they get results. Its not Sturridge.

look a their winning run. Look how many games having sturridge has won them the game.

not saying it will cost them, i'm saying it would be interesting for them not to have him as they have relied on him since christmas

look a their winning run. Look how many games having sturridge has won them the game.

not saying it will cost them, i'm saying it would be interesting for them not to have him as they have relied on him since christmas
There is no way having Sturridge in the side without the rat is as effective.

The rat is the keystone to everything they do effectively on the pitch. Far and away the most influential player they have. Without the rat, Sturridge in my opinion, is just your slightly above average striker. Everything goes through and is centered around Suarez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back