Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they will do it, and honestly I wouldn't mind thaat much. I don't want them to but I wouldn't be distraught if they do.

Maybe it's because I'm not from Liverpool

Completely agrees. Even though we claim they bypass their mid field and hoof it up the field. World's best have appreciated their style of play many times this season. ( Guardiola, Cafu etc). The biggest plus about Rodgers is his tactical flexibility. I think Martinez will also be able to do the same next season. Brendon was exactly the same last season being obsessed with possession and all. Now he just prepares the team according to the opposition. Dominates the possession against lesser teams. And they happily give ball to opposition just to steal it near the half way mark with SAS occupying the space vacated by the full backs. They were without Suarez the first five games, i think Sturridge scored in every games. Some one who scored 20 goals a season having missed a number of games is not an average striker imo. Especially when he played through the right a number of times.

Their tactics are simple, but no teams have answer to it though. They were playing 352 earlier. When Arsenal exploited that they suddenly changed it to 433 later into 4222 when they needed to dominate the mid field.

We had the chance to stop them, yet we conceded 4 [Poor language removed] goals.

Seriously, get a life you weirdo.

Completely agrees. Even though we claim they bypass their mid field and hoof it up the field. World's best have appreciated their style of play many times this season. ( Guardiola, Cafu etc). The biggest plus about Rodgers is his tactical flexibility. I think Martinez will also be able to do the same next season. Brendon was exactly the same last season being obsessed with possession and all. Now he just prepares the team according to the opposition. Dominates the possession against lesser teams. And they happily give ball to opposition just to steal it near the half way mark with SAS occupying the space vacated by the full backs. They were without Suarez the first five games, i think Sturridge scored in every games. Some one who scored 20 goals a season having missed a number of games is not an average striker imo. Especially when he played through the right a number of times.

Their tactics are simple, but no teams have answer to it though. They were playing 352 earlier. When Arsenal exploited that they suddenly changed it to 433 later into 4222 when they needed to dominate the mid field.

We had the chance to stop them, yet we conceded 4 [Poor language removed] goals.

Why are you pretending to be an Everton supporter?? Just be yourself.

They are going to do it arent they. Cant even say the bastards names. I hate them. Makes me feel sick the thought of them winning it.

4 games left and they only need 10 points to be fecking champions. Cant believe that Stevie Me is going to win a god damn title.

How are you going to handle it... Personally I dont know what the feck I'll do. I've never had to deal with this, the RS havent won the league in my lifetime. I think I'll go dark for a few months. Us getting 4th would make it easier but us missing 4th would be sickening.

I CANT DEAL WITH THESE RS BAASTAARRDS WINNING THIS LEAGUE

Domestos is 2 for 1 in Home and Bargain* at the minute so stock up while it's on offer

*Domestos may or may not be 2 for 1 in Home and Bargain at the minute

Let's be honest here, we can hope for Norwich to pull something out the bag but you know in your heart of hearts that Norwich have already got the lube out and are dusting off the gimp mask and the fluffy pink handcuffs. Liverpool won't even need their customary penalty.

*desperately hopes for a Norwich result of any kind*

They've got to turn up against them sometime. Hopefully one of their defenders will stamp on his toes, pinch him, pull his hair, whatever...just something to get him rattled. They lose him and Sturridge and I think it's game over.

They've got to turn up against them sometime. Hopefully one of their defenders will stamp on his toes, pinch him, pull his hair, whatever...just something to get him rattled. They lose him and Sturridge and I think it's game over.

Normally I wouldn't think a team would go out to injure a player but Norwich look like dead men walking at the minute, if I was their manager I'd get my grockiest grock to injure Suarez then park the bus not even trying to go past the half way line so they can't use their pace on the counter. It's horrible tactics like but desperate times call for desperate measures, at this point Norwich would probably settle for a defeat that didn't hammer their goal difference and I'd fancy 10 snides to beat a Liverpool team missing Sturridge and Suarez

Just a guess like but I reckon we can put to bed the "wouldn't it be great if both sides made the CL" line from (some of) them. And, probably, the "I bet they lie down and lose to City" one as well.

I think they will do it, and honestly I wouldn't mind thaat much. I don't want them to but I wouldn't be distraught if they do.

Maybe it's because I'm not from Liverpool
I'm not from Liverpool either but honestly, ANYWHERE you turn you have to put up with plastic Kopites & media Gobsh!tes and it's only going to get 1000x worse if they actually do cheat their way to the title.

WHY would any self-respecting Everton fan be willing to accept that? Even if it doesn't affect you directly, think of our poor brethren who have to put up with pilgrimages and piss-taking from the most classless, clueless and entitled arrogant rival supporters in the whole of football.

The media wankfest is already unbearable!

We had one fit central defender against them ffs, and he had to play right back because Coleman was also injured. We battered them/you at Goodison with a full squad

I would absolutely hate it if they won the league, no doubt about it. It's not even the fact they won it that would get me the most, it's the cynical playacting, blatant playing for penalties and (in Suarez' case) trying every trick in the book to get people sent off that does my head in. How many times have i seen him writhing in pain as if his balls were getting crushed in a vice only to suddenly acquire superhuman recovery once the decision goes his way? And to top that off the RS dominated media defend every dirty trick they pull, portraying them as gallant underdogs when they spend more than 90% of the premier league on transfers and have a wage budget to match. Loved the way Hanson condensed the discussion about his dive on Sunday to 1 seconds as well

I have thought they were going to win since November. Feeling died down after Christmas but their last minute winner at Fulham brought it back. The media frenzy for them to win it has been disgusting and they have the nerve to say the media are against them. I have never known a side to be favoured in a title run in. Martin Tyler was a disgrace on Sunday.

The only thing I'm hoping on is they are due a defeat (like us last night) and Norwich are due to pick something up against them. If somehow Chelsea can be top come their match at anfield then the pressure is all on Liverpool and they showed signs of cracking last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back