Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look - they (their 'fans') do NOT want us to get CL football. The gloating about last night started at half time.

All this 'all in it together - did us proud over Hillsborough' goes out of the window and they revert to the 'Spirit Of Heysel' immediately.

Anyway, their lunatic fans are an accident waiting to happen on the continent and it will happen all over again.

Completely agrees. Even though we claim they bypass their mid field and hoof it up the field. World's best have appreciated their style of play many times this season. ( Guardiola, Cafu etc). The biggest plus about Rodgers is his tactical flexibility. I think Martinez will also be able to do the same next season. Brendon was exactly the same last season being obsessed with possession and all. Now he just prepares the team according to the opposition. Dominates the possession against lesser teams. And they happily give ball to opposition just to steal it near the half way mark with SAS occupying the space vacated by the full backs. They were without Suarez the first five games, i think Sturridge scored in every games. Some one who scored 20 goals a season having missed a number of games is not an average striker imo. Especially when he played through the right a number of times.

Their tactics are simple, but no teams have answer to it though. They were playing 352 earlier. When Arsenal exploited that they suddenly changed it to 433 later into 4222 when they needed to dominate the mid field.

We had the chance to stop them, yet we conceded 4 [Poor language removed] goals.

Stop embarrassing yourself you sad kopite douche canoe.

Completely agrees. Even though we claim they bypass their mid field and hoof it up the field. World's best have appreciated their style of play many times this season. ( Guardiola, Cafu etc). The biggest plus about Rodgers is his tactical flexibility. I think Martinez will also be able to do the same next season. Brendon was exactly the same last season being obsessed with possession and all. Now he just prepares the team according to the opposition. Dominates the possession against lesser teams. And they happily give ball to opposition just to steal it near the half way mark with SAS occupying the space vacated by the full backs. They were without Suarez the first five games, i think Sturridge scored in every games. Some one who scored 20 goals a season having missed a number of games is not an average striker imo. Especially when he played through the right a number of times.

Their tactics are simple, but no teams have answer to it though. They were playing 352 earlier. When Arsenal exploited that they suddenly changed it to 433 later into 4222 when they needed to dominate the mid field.

We had the chance to stop them, yet we conceded 4 [Poor language removed] goals.

Calls himself thebitterblue
Refers to buck teeth and his partner as the SAS
knows how they play
knows the different formations they play
Sneaks some praise in

KOPITE ALERT KOPITE ALERT KOPITE ALERT

I think it is just a coincidence yes to be honest. Don't get me wrong, he is a decent enough striker. Far from world class though, as some have been piping on about lately.

Suarez does a lot more than just bang them in mate, come on. His name on the team sheet has defenders reaching for the Andrex before the game has even kicked off. Watch the games this season and every teams defence are zoned in on Suarez. Like tunnel vision, leaving every man and his dog free left and right of him.

No way does Sturridge score 20 odd prem goals without him in the side.
Their first 3 games were wins and all by sturridge.....

Off the top of my head sturridge has earned them 10 points by november; 3 x 3 points and the derby. He is a match winner for them and suarez goes through games where he cannot score, only to create for sturridge instead. If suarez isnt scoring and has no-one of the ability of sturridge to create for then they may struggle to win games against palace and chelsea, and those dropped points would allow chelsea at least to overtake them into 1st, with only a couple of games to go.

You take lukaku out our team and we still rumble on each week. You take sturridge out their team and they 'may' struggle to beat tricky teams they have left to play.

The difference without all their league goals this season.

Sturridge's goals - 18 points
or
Suarez's goals - 13 points
or
Gerrard's (penalties) - 9 points.

The difference without all their league goals this season.

Sturridge's goals - 18 points
or
Suarez's goals - 13 points
or
Gerrard's (penalties) - 9 points.

it's the way they play though. you get a team like chelsea who rely on goals from their attacking midfielders rather than strikers because that's their strength. liverpool's who play is dictated on lumping it over the top to them and it's successful. those two have gained so many points because their style doesn't incoroprate goals from midfield, genereally.

the penalty points are because they have a lot of players who always looks for a penalty instead of going around their man.

did you use google translate for this post?

Some quotes from Rodgers this morning about wanting to win the title in the most sporting way.

Utterly shameless

Not only is their behaviour ridiculous, the fact that they are at the top of the Fair Play League is a sham. The FPL system seems a joke anyway to be honest, most of it seems to come down more to opinion. How can they have a high score regarding respect to officials and players, when their players dive every match?

I've said it for months, but it is disgusting the amount of bias shown by the media and the F.A to promote them winning the league. They're a good side, but the favouritism is sickening at times.

Not only is their behaviour ridiculous, the fact that they are at the top of the Fair Play League is a sham. The FPL system seems a joke anyway to be honest, most of it seems to come down more to opinion. How can they have a high score regarding respect to officials and players, when their players dive every match?

I've said it for months, but it is disgusting the amount of bias shown by the media and the F.A to promote them winning the league. They're a good side, but the favouritism is sickening at times.
What is the Fair Play League?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back