Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that there isn't a conspiracy but is there a common theme?

Sky Saturday Night Football - pundits Hoddle and Redknapp
MOTD - pundits Shearer and Hansen
Sky Sunday Football - pundits Yorke and Carragher
MOTD2 - pundits Keown and Murphy
is the link that....they are all footballers..

My old man absolutely despises the RS, justifiably so as he was a home and away follower around the time that we were banned from Europe, but even he admits that if Liverpool win the league then they deserve it. No team does so without deserving the title.

My old man absolutely despises the RS, justifiably so as he was a home and away follower around the time that we were banned from Europe, but even he admits that if Liverpool win the league then they deserve it. No team does so without deserving the title.
Said this beards ago.... Whoever wins the league has done it on merit and deserves it.

and if the other home secretary jack straw would have done his job maybe we wouldnt have had to wait 25yrs to get to the position that the families are now....must agree though these rsole pundits need to pipe down over this..sure its not what the families want either....
The families of those who were crushed to death at a football match could hardly claim their loved ones were asleep in their hotel beds when it happened could they? Please don't disrespect them any further by drawing false equivalencies between the Hillsborough victims and an act of random thuggery by one of your supporters who has got off Scott-free.

The maths:

Liverpool need 7 points from 3 games to win it. That's on the basis that City will win all 5 of their games remaining which I don't think will happen. I think 85 points will do it for Liverpool - 1 win and 2 draws.

please respect the no swearing rule and do not abuse other posters
Really? Michael F@cking Shields is and always was innocent you gobshyte. [Poor language removed] like you are an embarrassment. You're too emotional over them winning a title, grow the f@ck up. I know Michaels' family and pieces of [Poor language removed] like you make his life hell. Read up about the case and [Poor language removed]

I asked yesterday that everyone commenting on Hillsborough and any other sensitive areas stick to facts and their own opinions and resist commenting on others or abusing others.

Failure to comply will result in a ban or the thread being closed.

Really? Michael F@cking Shields is and always was innocent you gobshyte. [Poor language removed] like you are an embarrassment. You're too emotional over them winning a title, grow the f@ck up. I know Michaels' family and pieces of [Poor language removed] like you make his life hell. Read up about the case and [Poor language removed]

There was significant controversy at the time concerning the Royal Pardon issued to Michael Shields. The then Home Secretary Jack Straw refused to explain the reasoning for the pardon, stating "I will not set out all the evidence that has come to light. Suffice it to say that there is very good reason to believe I was being told the truth.".[31] The use of the word 'evidence' is particularly tenuous as it is thought the only evidence presented to Mr Straw was verbal 'evidence' submitted by Mr Shields' family and Graham Sankey possibly under duress.[32] A friend of Graham Sankey alleged "When Sankey turned up to speak with Kirwan [the Shields family's solicitor] he was absolutely terrified. He was with his family and they just said they had received serious threats on members of the family and Graham.

“All Kirwan got was, ‘I want to say something in public because I am under great pressure, I am in fear of my life.'"''

“Kirwan didn’t get a confession out of him. Kirwan was not at all happy that Sankey was really admitting it. So he took it upon himself to make Sankey’s statement ambiguous. He did it like that so he could then tear it to pieces if necessary later. It was not worth the paper it was written on.”[33]

The motives for such a turn-around by Mr Straw have been questioned with the journalist Carole Malone "I'm sorry, but this whole thing strinks of subterfuge, incompetence and political wheeler-dealing. Can it be a coincidence that Michael's pardon comes after his father's threat to stand against Jack Straw in Blackburn at the next election unless his son was released?"[34]

I apologise if my earlier comments overstepped the mark. I won't post any further on an obviously sensitive topic, save to say that someone got off Scott-free for an act of violent thuggery, so justice has still not been served in that case and it seems unlikely it ever will be. That is a fact, not a matter of opinion.

Anyway, that miraculous recovery by Sewer Rat huh? Positively Lazarus-like. o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back