Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
cant stand the rs. horrible club. horrible plsyers who are cheats thugs,racists. remember when they supported thug micheal sheilds. tshirts suppotting an racist. they woukd defend a rapist if he was scoring goals

According to Brenda , Sterling is the best young talent in Europe...

The boy isn't even the best on Merseyside ffs
He's been very impressive in these pressure games. I'd say he's coming on at a rate that is surprising many people.

I'd say since December he's the most impressive teenager in the league in terms of games played and consistency. Think that was his 9th goal today in the league. Different type of player to Barkley and offers different qualities. Both gonna be England regulars over next decade.

I was 9 watching it on Grandstand, but don't see what that's got to do with it.

The absurd angle that's being spun about Rodgers and his Hillsborough team talk is just another way to beat him but it is veiled as disgust.
I'm not veiling it - I DO feel disgust at the way Rodgers is using Hillsborough as a tool to buy support and big up his team. It's not appropriate... and now they're praising it on MOTD FFS! It's sick to use the individual tragedies of 96 families to seek sympathy from others.

I might be in the minority about this but i am not going to change my views because of some Kopite WUM.

He's been very impressive in these pressure games. I'd say he's coming on at a rate that is surprising many people.

I'd say since December he's the most impressive teenager in the league in terms of games played and consistency. Think that was his 9th goal today in the league. Different type of player to Barkley and offers different qualities. Both gonna be England regulars over next decade.

I think what makes you so effective as a side is that quite simply you are quicker than everyone else and use that pace to run at players directly.

It's completely different to the slow possession game you played last season, if you carried that on I'd imagine Rodgers would be out of a job

I think what makes you so effective as a side is that quite simply you are quicker than everyone else and use that pace to run at players directly.

It's completely different to the slow possession game you played last season, if you carried that on I'd imagine Rodgers would be out of a job
Well yeah, another 7th place finish and he'd be struggling.,I agree pace is a key but also options. Liverpool overload the attacking area with numbers and quick movement that defences struggle to handle.

listen you Pickles or whatever you are known as you were 9 at the time on 15/4/89 - you have no understanding about how the tragedy affected the city - not just the RS but everton fans who had friends and relatives die on that day..I was at Villa Park that day - but for the draw it could have been me and my friends. Separate the club from the families quest for justice - always offended - never ashamed

listen you Pickles or whatever you are known as you were 9 at the time on 15/4/89 - you have no understanding about how the tragedy affected the city - not just the RS but everton fans who had friends and relatives die on that day..I was at Villa Park that day - but for the draw it could have been me and my friends. Separate the club from the families quest for justice - always offended - never ashamed
Could have just as easily have happened years earlier as well. My dad was at the 1977 League Cup Final replay at Hillsborough, he reckons his feet didn't touch the floor for about 5 minutes after Bob Latchford equalised because of the crush. Even then there were fans trying to climb up the stands to escape and being pushed back down by the police.

Could have just as easily have happened years earlier as well. My dad was at the 1977 League Cup Final replay at Hillsborough, he reckons his feet didn't touch the floor for about 5 minutes after Bob Latchford equalised because of the crush. Even then there were fans trying to climb up the stands to escape and being pushed back down by the police.

I was there - he was right - it got a bit scary after the goal but that was par for the course on the terraces - had some hairy moments in Gwladys street end as well...

By way of contrast to the linkage between the disaster and current on-field performances, can I just mention how Kenny Dalglish (who has few supporters on this forum!) has conducted himself over the years with regards to Hillsborough.

He, more than anyone, supported the families in the immediate aftermath, attending almost every funeral and carried an un-bearable burden. I watched his very reluctant acknowledgement of the crowd at the memorial service last week, and thought that is, and has been, the proper way to behave with regards to this disaster and tragedy.

MOTD there and the comments made by Keown and Murphy about 'fate'. Scary stuff. Makes me feel very uneasy.

It really should be knocked on the head.

I've just said that to my missus. The link between hillsborough and winning the league is distant, yet they insist on using it as some emotional conversational piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back