Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that there isn't a conspiracy but is there a common theme?

Sky Saturday Night Football - pundits Hoddle and Redknapp
MOTD - pundits Shearer and Hansen
Sky Sunday Football - pundits Yorke and Carragher
MOTD2 - pundits Keown and Murphy

I've just said that to my missus. The link between hillsborough and winning the league is distant, yet they insist on using it as some emotional conversational piece.

My question is, why weren't they winning it for the 96 for the previous 24 seasons?

I know that there isn't a conspiracy but is there a common theme?

Sky Saturday Night Football - pundits Hoddle and Redknapp
MOTD - pundits Shearer and Hansen
Sky Sunday Football - pundits Yorke and Carragher
MOTD2 - pundits Keown and Murphy

Simple. All are pairings of morons and gobshites.

My question is, why weren't they winning it for the 96 for the previous 24 seasons?

Precisely, I don't get into all of that, they can " use" it however they want. They have supported it for 20 odd years none stop, that's clear as day, undeniable support.

As @davek says. To make a link between the anniversary and the potential league title win is massively unsavory.

" Win it for them". Was a phrase Murphy used tonight.

Why not just win it for Liverpool fans full stop.

Precisely, I don't get into all of that, they can " use" it however they want. They have supported it for 20 odd years none stop, that's clear as day, undeniable support.

As @davek says. To make a link between the anniversary and the potential league title win is massively unsavory.

" Win it for them". Was a phrase Murphy used tonight.

Why not just win it for Liverpool fans full stop.

I think Murphy is a decent pundit and sensible feller usually. But that was glazed eyed mumbo jumbo nonsense there tonight from him.

A lot of people in football punditry are taking leave of their senses. Instead of anyone asking whether it's right or proper to tangle the two issues of title challenge and JFT96 up there's a feverish stampede to join in with it. For my money it's creepy and it stinks. It's just not right, no matter how deeply we all feel about getting justice for those families.

I think Murphy is a decent pundit and sensible feller usually. But that was glazed eyed mumbo jumbo nonsense there tonight from him.

A lot of people in football punditry are taking leave of their senses. Instead of anyone asking whether it's right or proper to tangle the two issues of title challenge and JFT96 up there's a feverish stampede to join in with it. For my money it's creepy and it stinks. It's just not right, no matter how deeply we all feel about getting justice for those families.

It's become pop culture, Dave.
Im in no way affected by hillsborough, other than sharing the sentiment for justice.

They keep saying its " not just about football". Yet these divvys keep on milking it.

Let me be clear, it's a very delicate subject and it's only my opinion, but winning a football trophy and justifying the determination by discussing that is not my cup of tea.

cant stand the rs. horrible club. horrible plsyers who are cheats thugs,racists. remember when they supported thug micheal sheilds. tshirts suppotting an racist. they woukd defend a rapist if he was scoring goals
jags wasnt michael found to be innocent after spending 5yrs in jail...

listen you Pickles or whatever you are known as you were 9 at the time on 15/4/89 - you have no understanding about how the tragedy affected the city - not just the RS but everton fans who had friends and relatives die on that day..I was at Villa Park that day - but for the draw it could have been me and my friends. Separate the club from the families quest for justice - always offended - never ashamed
mellow agreed.until you mentioned being ashamed..

must have missed that davek.if he did then its bang out of order..

jags wasnt michael found to be innocent after spending 5yrs in jail...
Nope, he was 'pardoned' after a lengthy high-profile campaign and some other scummer supposedly confessing his part in the attempted murder - not that it ever did any good, because he never faced charges to the best of my knowledge.

Nothing he did in the long run justifies him being let off Scott-free.

Nope, he was 'pardoned' after a lengthy high-profile campaign and some other scummer supposedly confessing his part in the attempted murder - not that it ever did any good, because he never faced charges to the best of my knowledge.

Nothing he did in the long run justifies him being let off Scott-free.
blue.think the non evidence was so overwhelming that the home secretary had to step in to clear the lads name.

and if the other home secretary jack straw would have done his job maybe we wouldnt have had to wait 25yrs to get to the position that the families are now....must agree though these rsole pundits need to pipe down over this..sure its not what the families want either....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back