Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been going to Anfield for over 20 years so presume you're not talking about me.

Is the Rodgers / Shankly pic this week's 'disgrace' on behalf of Liverpool fans? As long as the narrative is as far away from football as possible then it's not really happening.

Who mentioned 'disgrace'. Force of habit perhaps? Freudian slip?

Just plain weird IMO. One I'm sure is shared by anybody remotely sane!

I think Murphy is a decent pundit and sensible feller usually. But that was glazed eyed mumbo jumbo nonsense there tonight from him.

A lot of people in football punditry are taking leave of their senses. Instead of anyone asking whether it's right or proper to tangle the two issues of title challenge and JFT96 up there's a feverish stampede to join in with it. For my money it's creepy and it stinks. It's just not right, no matter how deeply we all feel about getting justice for those families.
Probably the only way the can explain the title challenge, supernatural forces.
It is uneasy, we put away football differences on many occassions for 25 years, unquestioned, unargued, because, without being asked it was the right thing to do, still is, but now we are being told that it is right for this huge football connection to not only be supported but applauded. I don't buy into it. If that connection existed why did the families need funding all these years, why didn't the club fund them? Why not an FA cup success seeing as it was a semi final? All this after winning it, I wouldn't have batted an eyelid, just doesn't feel right in the run up

Probably the only way the can explain the title challenge, supernatural forces.
It is uneasy, we put away football differences on many occassions for 25 years, unquestioned, unargued, because, without being asked it was the right thing to do, still is, but now we are being told that it is right for this huge football connection to not only be supported but applauded. I don't buy into it. If that connection existed why did the families need funding all these years, why didn't the club fund them? Why not an FA cup success seeing as it was a semi final? All this after winning it, I wouldn't have batted an eyelid, just doesn't feel right in the run up
Great point that about the funding of the justice campaign. They pull in hundreds of millions of pounds revenue each year and the only one I can think of who put their hand in their pockets are individuals such as Benitez.

The fact of the matter is though that the relationship between club and campaign is not organic. That is, it's a civic disaster and merely happened out of town and at a football game organised by the FA, S Yorkshire police and Sheff Wed. For me, that's self evident and I've always thought about it that way despite annual memorials at Anfield. Which is why now the sudden 'footballisation' of the event is wrong. It's an opportunistIc grab for it to meet the needs of a very insubstantial end, when all is said and done. A very cynical ploy dressed up as the chance to offer a fitting tribute.

The families of those who were crushed to death at a football match could hardly claim their loved ones were asleep in their hotel beds when it happened could they? Please don't disrespect them any further by drawing false equivalencies between the Hillsborough victims and an act of random thuggery by one of your supporters who has got off Scott-free.
thanks blue.but at what point did i try to equete the two..read my post again.even the bent turkish justice system finally had to admit they got it wrong.read the facts and not just the newspaper allegations mate.

thanks blue.but at what point did i try to equete the two..read my post again.even the bent turkish justice system finally had to admit they got it wrong.read the facts and not just the newspaper allegations mate.

Bulagarian mate. As in Bulgaria. I think it's time for you to admit you haven't got a clue!

Here:

and if the other home secretary jack straw would have done his job maybe we wouldnt have had to wait 25yrs to get to the position that the families are now....must agree though these rsole pundits need to pipe down over this..sure its not what the families want either....

Justice hasn't been done in either case - as I said previously, an LFC fan got away with attempted murder. Where's the campaign to get justice for his victim?

Rhetorical question because I'm not being drawn into any further discussion about this...

Last edited:
Bulagarian mate. As in Bulgaria. I think it's time for you to admit you haven't got a clue!
apologise there stek..your right it was bulgaria but most of those non european countries accept a bung here and there ...wouldnt have happened on this country.based on the evidence supplied is the point i was trying to make.thats all..

apologise there stek..your right it was bulgaria but most of those non european countries accept a bung here and there ...wouldnt have happened on this country.based on the evidence supplied is the point i was trying to make.thats all..

Lol.

I've lived in Bulgaria for a couple of years, and while the corruption levels there are higher than in most Western European countries, it's not a third world country.

You clearly have no clue, so probably best to leave it at that.

Based on the arrogance and negligence shown by our powers that be in their defence of Mr Shields, I think Bulgaria should have requested that all of their nationals held at Her Majesty's pleasure be sent back to be pardoned by their government as they obviously cannot trust our legal system to provide justice for one of their own.
That's providing they actually want more violent thugs on their streets of course.

Lol.

I've lived in Bulgaria for a couple of years, and while the corruption levels there are higher than in most Western European countries, it's not a third world country.

You clearly have no clue, so probably best to leave it at that.

Everytime an English person does something abroad it must be the third world justice system at fault, they can never have actually done it. How we can criticise any justice system the absolute state ours is I'll never know. Kill a kid and you're out in 5 years. Years and years of police corruption. Yet we have programmes like Panorama somehow passing judgement on other countries legal systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back