Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
You lot never apologise for anything - Shields was a thug who got off lightly - the Steua banner in the kop - Heysel - Suarez - just go somewhere else and call us Der bitterz lad [Poor language removed] off
forum rules say do not respond with a personal or abusive response....lets get back to the football hey..and i dont drink bitter,,only mild for me...

One of the top young players in Europe, sure.

Not the best. He's not even the best young player in the city.
Really? This season he has been as good as any young player in the league. However, Barkley has been excellent also. But Sterling's form is currently getting Liverpool through huge results. Right now he has been the best.

Really? This season he has been as good as any young player in the league. However, Barkley has been excellent also. But Sterling's form is currently getting Liverpool through huge results. Right now he has been the best.
I think he was referring to Coutinho mate, not Barkley

Breaking news from Modor!

The FA are no longer corrupt.

Also, today from the scab'rous phlegm-beasts: posting all over the internet about Manchester United - gloating.

Humble club? Humble supporters? Dangerous psychopaths more like.

I recall when LFC lost to Wimbledon in the FA Cup Final - and the murders that ensued. Even one in Old Swan where I lived at the time. Should LFC hold on and win the Prem - some people will live to see the dawn that they otherwise would have missed.

Of all your many penalties @Pickled how many do you think were dodgy?
Dodgy as in the ref deliberately gave Liverpool a penalty for corrupt reasons: zero

Dodgy as in the ref got it wrong, but was an honest mistake: let's look at the evidence...

Most of Liverpool's 12 pens this season have been defo pens. A few have been dubious decisions but not all of those pens were important in relation to the result. Here are the pens that were debatable.
  • United 3-0 - first two nailed on, the third wasn't a pen but Liverpool were winning that game anyway. 0 points gained
  • Everton 4-0 - not a pen but had no relation to outcome. Was already 4-0. 0 points gained.
  • Villa 2-2 - equalizer. Suarez goes down too easily. Liverpool gain 1 point due to soft pen
  • Stoke 3-5 - soft pen at an important time. Easy to see why ref gave it. Important pen but Liverpool did go and score another 2 so good shot they'd have won that game. However, 2 points gained
  • West Ham 2-1 - first one was defo a pen. Second one, for me, wasn't dubious. The keeper took down Flanagan, was never in control of the ball. Not sure why it became such an issue. Plus, the West Ham goal was far more dubious. Fair result. 0 points gained.
Looking through that I'd say Liverpool have been awarded 2 'dodgy' penalties that have actually gained points - 3 in total. I guess there are times Liverpool could've won pens at key times but the ref didn't agree. You may disagree with my assessment above but we are not talking about 8 or 9 game changing pens that shouldn't have been given.

There's obviously an inclination to solely focus on Liverpool's favourable decisions here but the penalty 'thing' is because Liverpool are a very good attacking force and will win a lot if penalties. It's not an FA agenda. 41 out of 45 points this calendar year is why Liverpool are top not because refs are desperate for Liverpool to win the league. Indeed, I was led to believe Clattenburg loved Liverpool and hated Everton but on Sunday goes and awards the first penalty against United away from OT in about 4 years or something.

Dodgy as in the ref deliberately gave Liverpool a penalty for corrupt reasons: zero

Dodgy as in the ref got it wrong, but was an honest mistake: let's look at the evidence...

Most of Liverpool's 12 pens this season have been defo pens. A few have been dubious decisions but not all of those pens were important in relation to the result. Here are the pens that were debatable.
  • United 3-0 - first two nailed on, the third wasn't a pen but Liverpool were winning that game anyway. 0 points gained
  • Everton 4-0 - not a pen but had no relation to outcome. Was already 4-0. 0 points gained.
  • Villa 2-2 - equalizer. Suarez goes down too easily. Liverpool gain 1 point due to soft pen
  • Stoke 3-5 - soft pen at an important time. Easy to see why ref gave it. Important pen but Liverpool did go and score another 2 so good shot they'd have won that game. However, 2 points gained
  • West Ham 2-1 - first one was defo a pen. Second one, for me, wasn't dubious. The keeper took down Flanagan, was never in control of the ball. Not sure why it became such an issue. Plus, the West Ham goal was far more dubious. Fair result. 0 points gained.
Looking through that I'd say Liverpool have been awarded 2 'dodgy' penalties that have actually gained points - 3 in total. I guess there are times Liverpool could've won pens at key times but the ref didn't agree. You may disagree with my assessment above but we are not talking about 8 or 9 game changing pens that shouldn't have been given.

There's obviously an inclination to solely focus on Liverpool's favourable decisions here but the penalty 'thing' is because Liverpool are a very good attacking force and will win a lot if penalties. It's not an FA agenda. 41 out of 45 points this calendar year is why Liverpool are top not because refs are desperate for Liverpool to win the league. Indeed, I was led to believe Clattenburg loved Liverpool and hated Everton but on Sunday goes and awards the first penalty against United away from OT in about 4 years or something.

Fair post really.

There's also been some strange decisions that have favoured them not directly related to penalties given to them. Man City stonewall penalty not given, same in the Norwich game with Skrtel's shirt pulling, Chelsea robbed against Sunderland. That's off the top of my head in the past couple of weeks.

Denying that the FA favour certain teams is denying Scudamore's words about Man Utd. Once Liverpool were in a position to challenge this late in the season, they were probably going to be the best winners for the PL from a brand point of view. I don't think the referees have been instructed to do it deliberately, but wouldn't be surprised if there were some comments being made internally similar to Scudamore's comments.

Chelsea should've been down to 10 against Sunderland. It was their own fault they didn't beat the worst team in the league. No agenda there, just José distracting us all from the fact his team keep losing to rubbish every two or three games.

Getting a bit pissed off with this thread lately; the media is over-run with Kopites, I have to put up with enough of the beauts at work, (not as bad as for toffees who live in the city and see them everywhere granted) and now this place is infested with them.

When I joined the forum this thread was a great laugh. Now it seems to be a haven for Kopites to post incessant gibberish, rabbit on about how great everything LFC related is and ask us why we aren't blowing smoke up their arses.

[QUOTE
="Pickled, post: 2668191, member: 24996"]Dodgy as in the ref deliberately gave Liverpool a penalty for corrupt reasons: zero

There's obviously an inclination to solely focus on Liverpool's favourable decisions here but the penalty 'thing' is because Liverpool are a very good attacking force and will win a lot if penalties. It's not an FA agenda. 41 out of 45 points this calendar year is why Liverpool are top not because refs are desperate for Liverpool to win the league. Indeed, I was led to believe Clattenburg loved Liverpool and hated Everton but on Sunday goes and awards the first penalty against United away from OT in about 4 years or something.[/QUOTE]

The problem is that your players have been told to go down like they have been shot every time there is contact. Now, you can say that is the rules but, that is not how the British play. It is a south American cheat that has infiltrated your club via the goofy racist and is now a main part of your game.
It's disgusting tbh.

Getting a bit pissed off with this thread lately; the media is over-run with Kopites, I have to put up with enough of the beauts at work, (not as bad as for toffees who live in the city and see them everywhere granted) and now this place is infested with them.

When I joined the forum this thread was a great laugh. Now it seems to be a haven for Kopites to post incessant gibberish, rabbit on about how great everything LFC related is and ask us why we aren't blowing smoke up their arses.
You're right mate, unfortunately.

thanks dual feel much more enlighted now that i know that she was on celebrity big brother and managed to lose 3 stone on the wright stuff...and has now returned to her normal job after being a guest on loose women as well...remarkable lady that...
And Shields was no one, a thug, who went abroad and beat an innocent person to death for no reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back