• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
So many of them forget they won about 5 or 6 games during that winning streak by penalties.
Even if they were deservedly awarded (most were iirc correctly), how often does that happen?

That was a massive, massive flukey streak of penalties.
It will not happen next season, which means they will be 31 goals, 16 assists and 5 wins by penalties worse off.

They may have a slightly better squad now, but it's still nowhere near good enough to challenge for the title. Wouldn't discount them for 4th still though. City, Chelsea and Arse have 3 of the 4 wrapped up. Utd are still an average squad at the moment, LVG will have to work wonders to get back into top 4. Spurs still not looking convincing, and we are currently lacking a striker. Just imo, of course.

So many of them forget they won about 5 or 6 games during that winning streak by penalties.
Even if they were deservedly awarded (most were iirc correctly), how often does that happen?

That was a massive, massive flukey streak of penalties.
It will not happen next season, which means they will be 31 goals, 16 assists and 5 wins by penalties worse off.

They may have a slightly better squad now, but it's still nowhere near good enough to challenge for the title. Wouldn't discount them for 4th still though. City, Chelsea and Arse have 3 of the 4 wrapped up. Utd are still an average squad at the moment, LVG will have to work wonders to get back into top 4. Spurs still not looking convincing, and we are currently lacking a striker. Just imo, of course.

Suarez just the latest in a long line of Liverpool players to fling himself to the floor

No way Isco is going on loan to that lot. The Sahin loan was an absolute disaster, so I don't see Madrid loaning them any players anytime soon.

I know Liverpool have CL football to offer and that they'd probably offer massive wages to a real top European player. But really, wouldn't you be looking at that lot - with Suarez desperate to move for the last two seasons and Sanchez laughing in their faces - and think 'nah'?

And the manager. You'd know he was a flake. He might get the media plaudits, but people in the game will know the score about what a chancer he is.

I cant see them getting better than the standard they've pulled in so far, tbh.

I know Liverpool have CL football to offer and that they'd probably offer massive wages to a real top European player. But really, wouldn't you be looking at that lot - with Suarez desperate to move for the last two seasons and Sanchez laughing in their faces - and think 'nah'?

And the manager. You'd know he was a flake. He might get the media plaudits, but people in the game will know the score about what a chancer he is.

I cant see them getting better than the standard they've pulled in so far, tbh.

They've seen that Channel5 tv programme and Brenda's envelope trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back