• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish I could join in with all of this bashing, but unfortunately I cannot.

They will not have sewer rat this season, but Remy is a shrewd signing at that price. If he had signed for us we would be wetting our kex.

They have CL football and despite Sanchez turning them down, I would not be surprised if they pull a big name marquee signing out of the bag. Brenda is spending like a pissed up pirate on shore leave.

I know too many new players at once can take time to settle, but pretty sure they can build on last years season, fancy them to finish above Man U again, so must have a good chance of top 4 in the coming season.

At the price they can't go wrong. Particularly as they could just flog him to Sunderland for £20m even if it turns out he's a bit rubbish, I just don't know where Brent plans on playing him.

And despite the price being reasonable i genuinely don't think he's that great, I certainly wouldn't be wetting my kex.

Wish I could join in with all of this bashing, but unfortunately I cannot.

They will not have sewer rat this season, but Remy is a shrewd signing at that price. If he had signed for us we would be wetting our kex.

They have CL football and despite Sanchez turning them down, I would not be surprised if they pull a big name marquee signing out of the bag. Brenda is spending like a pissed up pirate on shore leave.

I know too many new players at once can take time to settle, but pretty sure they can build on last years season, fancy them to finish above Man U again, so must have a good chance of top 4 in the coming season.
Remy's a good player, but his injury record of late hasn't been great.

Him aside, they've signed no-one who improves their 1st XI imo.

They're about to bring in Lovren and sell their best CB

Mate at work made a good point

There seems to be no focused gameplan with these signings. They're just bobbing about picking up random players here and there, seemingly on a whim in some cases
That's true of a lot of the clubs above and around us thought think. Chelsea, Spurs and them lot seem to buy players they don't need and worry about it afterwards.

If you have enough money you can afford to that I guess
Sometimes, sometimes I wonder whether they're doing it for football reasons. If you buy several marquee 20m+ signings, even if you don't need them, you are pushing your brand to the forefront of people's minds. You're seen as glamorous.

They may have received 'x' amount of dosh for Suarez and spent that on a handful of players, but they all want paying and that comes to far more than 200K per week for the lot.

You're making it seem like Liverpool actually have financial problems. People often make the mistake of assuming they have to penny-pinch with every transfer like us. We were full on debating the length of Gareth Barry's contract in an attempt to save a few grand on wages ffs

Sometimes, sometimes I wonder whether they're doing it for football reasons. If you buy several marquee 20m+ signings, even if you don't need them, you are pushing your brand to the forefront of people's minds. You're seen as glamorous.

Sometimes I think it's also a case of denying other teams getting the players

Rangers and Celtic used to do this all the time. Sign up any promising looking young Scottish player and then stick him in the reserves to rot just so other teams couldn't get them

Sounds like floppy faced Harry when he was at Spurs too

Oh yeah, it happens all over the shop

It was especially annoying with the Old Firm though as it really hurt the development of Scottish players. God help the national team if Rangers ever get their financial clout back. Having players like Gauld, Pawlett and GMS at clubs like Dundee United and Aberdeen has really helped. Things are finally starting to look somewhat positive for the Scots National Team again

Anyway, wrong thread etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back