• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has to be said though, a weak manager cannot get a team to 2nd, a perfect example of a weak manager would be Moyes and Rodgers is very different
Rodgers wanged his entire 180 page 'filosofee' into his office bin, after Me la kicked off about his tiki taka and instead he switched to kick and chase with Me la at quarterback. He's as weak as piss.

Has to be said though, a weak manager cannot get a team to 2nd, a perfect example of a weak manager would be Moyes and Rodgers is very different

Pardew got Newcastle to fifth and nearly 4th. Moyes did get Everton to 4th.

Rodgers had the third best player in the world in the form of his life to carry Liverpool for large chunks of the season.

Gerrard announces his international retirement; the rest of football shrugs its shoulders.

What a load of hot air over someone who's barely registered as an international player.

Correct, Dave.

He gas been totally anonymous in the overwhelming majority of his international games.

Never have so many caps been given to a player who never usually stepped up to earn them.

Rodgers wanged his entire 180 page 'filosofee' into his office bin, after Me la kicked off about his tiki taka and instead he switched to kick and chase with Me la at quarterback. He's as weak as piss.

Pardew got Newcastle to fifth and nearly 4th. Moyes did get Everton to 4th.

Rodgers had the third best player in the world in the form of his life to carry Liverpool for large chunks of the season.

The kind of statements that we'd be laughing at if it were Liverpool fans on Everton

Correct, Dave.

He gas been totally anonymous in the overwhelming majority of his international games.

Never have so many caps been given to a player who never usually stepped up to earn them.

Maybe it's because I'm not arsed about England, but before he became captain I cant honestly remember him in an England shirt. He's completely anonymous. I have some vague notion that he and Lampard teamed up to become the most laughably lame CM partnership in England's history, but that's about it.

what?? Stick Suarez in any of Moyes's teams and Everton would have strolled to 2nd.
Yea, he showed Everton a complete lack of respect but to call him a weak manager compared to Rodgers is a bit mad!

Maybe it's because I'm not arsed about England, but before he became captain I cant honestly remember him in an England shirt. He's completely anonymous. I have some vague notion that he and Lampard teamed up to become the most laughably lame CM partnership in England's history, but that's about it.

Martin Samuel will say it was England that did that, not the player.

He did say ' barely '. It's virtually impossible to have a bad game if your team is handing out a 5-1 hiding.

Internationally, Gerrard has been awful. He has been in the England mix for over 10 years, has been to numerous tournaments and has played in all of Englands biggest games in this time frame, yet i can't remember a single time where he was the difference or did anything of note.

Well over 100 appearances for his country and the one game that you mention happened 13 years ago. That just about sums his international career up.

That can be said for most of the "golden generation". Bar probably Owen, Cole, and Beckham.

Glad Gerrard didn't break Beckham's record. Gerrard has been a great player for Liverpool, but his failure for England, while not wholly his fault, is to a large extent down to his own temperament, mentality and inability, despite many chances, to adapt to tournament football. 5 major tournaments, playing in his favoured role, didn't turn up to a single one. Captained his country at 3 of them, each one lamer than the last.

It's about time England started picking a style to play and then picking the players to play that way, not selecting the best 11 individuals and trying to find a system to fit.

That can be said for most of the "golden generation". Bar probably Owen, Cole, and Beckham.
You have a point to a certain degree but we're in the RS thread and talking about him hanging up his international boots.

We're also talking about a player who is supposed to be one of worlds best midfielders of a generation. A player that is so irrelevant on the international scene that, most of europe's national sides probably won't even notice he isn't playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back