• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah of course but I really don't think there's too much to laugh at them football wise at the moment. Them missing out on the league was brilliant but then at the same time it's crushing that they were in with a real chance. There's plenty of other stuff to laugh about with them, just think trying to mock them over football right now is a bit of a losing battle
How is mocking them over football a losing battle right now.

Where have you been in the last 4 months ? I'm not quite understanding you here because unless i've missed something, its the football related stuff which has given me the biggest laugh and is the SOLE reason i'm mocking them.

I will give you a clue. The months March, April and May.

I disagree, if he was a great manager he would have won that league, he was shown up to be tactically inept and relatively inexperienced by mourinho, arguably a great manager himself.

I thought he got off lightly media wise over their finale to last season especially v Chelsea. He was out manoeuvred by Mourinho totally and had no plan B when the usual RS blitz after the kick off was absorbed and deflected by Chelsea who then frustrated them at will. The 'slip' took centre stage then and got Rodgers out of jail criticism wise. He followed that up by screwing it up and throwing it in the waste paper basket at Palace when, instead of shoring up their lead when Palace were in the ascendency, he brought on Coutinho and Moses when he had two defenders warming their arses on the bench. Too soon to be great.

Me in work after hearing that Slippy has retired from international football

coleman-celebration.gif

It's a glorious day for all Englishmen. Now we might actually win some games.

Some berk posted this in the comments Mail Online under the Gerrard packing England in article.......

The worlds greatest EVER central midfielder and England's rose, we will miss you for the national squad, but Englands loss Liverpool's gain, go smash the mancs 3-0 at Old Trafford again Stevie, I enjoyed their sour manc/cockney faces last season when we smashed them !

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2700160/Steven-Gerrard-RETIRES-international-football-World-Cup-disappointment.html#ixzz388NVIy7a

Some berk posted this in the comments Mail Online under the Gerrard packing England in article.......

The worlds greatest EVER central midfielder and England's rose, we will miss you for the national squad, but Englands loss Liverpool's gain, go smash the mancs 3-0 at Old Trafford again Stevie, I enjoyed their sour manc/cockney faces last season when we smashed them !

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2700160/Steven-Gerrard-RETIRES-international-football-World-Cup-disappointment.html#ixzz388NVIy7a
bml.gif

Yeah of course but I really don't think there's too much to laugh at them football wise at the moment. Them missing out on the league was brilliant but then at the same time it's crushing that they were in with a real chance. There's plenty of other stuff to laugh about with them, just think trying to mock them over football right now is a bit of a losing battle

Don't be silly. I'll be laughing at the Slip and Crystanbul for some time yet. Plus, Suarez, the main (to put it mildly) source of their threat has gone.

"... it's crushing that they were in with a chance". Baffled by that. The season's over and done. Move on ffs.

You have a point to a certain degree but we're in the RS thread and talking about him hanging up his international boots.

We're also talking about a player who is supposed to be one of worlds best midfielders of a generation. A player that is so irrelevant on the international scene that, most of europe's national sides probably won't even notice he isn't playing.

Oh of course. Im just backing up how these "world class" players like Terry etc all flopped consistantly on the world stage.

Don't be silly. I'll be laughing at the Slip and Crystanbul for some time yet. Plus, Suarez, the main (to put it mildly) source of their threat has gone.

"... it's crushing that they were in with a chance". Baffled by that. The season's over and done. Move on ffs.
Bit of a contradiction that isn't it?
Also the crushing bit was worded poorly, meant to say it was horrible at the time seeing them everywhere

Bit of a contradiction that isn't it?
Also the crushing bit was worded poorly, meant to say it was horrible at the time seeing them everywhere

Yes actually, I wasn't clear.

When the season ended, they were second, not first. That's what matters. I'm not arsed about how close they came. If they'd won the league I wouldn't still be laughing at the slip or Crystanbul. It may have been a bit "horrible" if they'd won the league, but they didn't.

By "seeing them everywhere" do you mean this kind of stuff?

All the premature celebration is what's made it all the funnier. It made all the bollocks we put up with more than worthwhile when it went tits up and it was the exact opposite for them.

They were great last year. I will give them credit for that and I will add that if Suarez was still there I wouldn't be laughing as much, but he isn't. Ace.

Off Rawk: Not read the rest but my god that's the most ridiculously wrong use of the word quintessentially I've ever seen.

"Quintessentially, I want to see improvement in the defensive phase, I want to see a solid Liverpool that is capable of absorbing attacks effectively, when necessary. We have shown we can attack well, if I see improvement in the other phase, leading to a more powerful team, then whatever happens with results in the short term I would still be happy.

Results wise:

If we entertain long term aspirations of being a major player on the scene, then at the minimum we have to challenge for the champions league spots. It's still early in his reign and last season has built a lot of credit in the bank for Rodgers that even a crap season where we end up 8th or 9th should be made an allowance for, but it's fair to want a go for top 4 at least imo.

If we end up with a very tough group in the cl after being out of it for so long, getting knocked out would be painful, but not unexpected, so the club goes into this without much pressure. A decent run in one of the cups should be a target as well.

Win something, obviously. On the one hand you have to be realistic so that you don't pile on the pressure on a manager unfairly, but I hope we see a focus to win one of the cups this season, we've been getting knocked out far too easily / early.

Probably Pointless Predictions: 4th or 5th, final of the FA Cup, quarter finals europa league."

Off Rawk: Not read the rest but my god that's the most ridiculously wrong use of the word quintessentially I've ever seen.

"Quintessentially, I want to see improvement in the defensive phase, I want to see a solid Liverpool that is capable of absorbing attacks effectively, when necessary. We have shown we can attack well, if I see improvement in the other phase, leading to a more powerful team, then whatever happens with results in the short term I would still be happy.

Results wise:

If we entertain long term aspirations of being a major player on the scene, then at the minimum we have to challenge for the champions league spots. It's still early in his reign and last season has built a lot of credit in the bank for Rodgers that even a crap season where we end up 8th or 9th should be made an allowance for, but it's fair to want a go for top 4 at least imo.

If we end up with a very tough group in the cl after being out of it for so long, getting knocked out would be painful, but not unexpected, so the club goes into this without much pressure. A decent run in one of the cups should be a target as well.

Win something, obviously. On the one hand you have to be realistic so that you don't pile on the pressure on a manager unfairly, but I hope we see a focus to win one of the cups this season, we've been getting knocked out far too easily / early.

Probably Pointless Predictions: 4th or 5th, final of the FA Cup, quarter finals europa league."

Now I'm not a grammar nazi, nor do I have a Collins dictionary sat next to me, but doesn't quintessentially mean stereotypical?

I swear them meffs see these words and think that's it, that's the perfect word to start my long winded and ultimately pointless point.

To think I'm ip banned from there for posting consistent rubbish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back