• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're so, so insecure. It infects anything they think or do regarding Liverpool.

Coupled with non scouse guilt they try to over compensate, seeking acceptance, and make complete and utter wankstains of themselves.

Long may they not prosper.

joebidensmileandpoint.gif

Never seen Pirlo slip on his arse and lose a league title

Off Rawk: Not read the rest but my god that's the most ridiculously wrong use of the word quintessentially I've ever seen.

"Quintessentially, I want to see improvement in the defensive phase, I want to see a solid Liverpool that is capable of absorbing attacks effectively, when necessary. We have shown we can attack well, if I see improvement in the other phase, leading to a more powerful team, then whatever happens with results in the short term I would still be happy.

Results wise:

If we entertain long term aspirations of being a major player on the scene, then at the minimum we have to challenge for the champions league spots. It's still early in his reign and last season has built a lot of credit in the bank for Rodgers that even a crap season where we end up 8th or 9th should be made an allowance for, but it's fair to want a go for top 4 at least imo.

If we end up with a very tough group in the cl after being out of it for so long, getting knocked out would be painful, but not unexpected, so the club goes into this without much pressure. A decent run in one of the cups should be a target as well.

Win something, obviously. On the one hand you have to be realistic so that you don't pile on the pressure on a manager unfairly, but I hope we see a focus to win one of the cups this season, we've been getting knocked out far too easily / early.

Probably Pointless Predictions: 4th or 5th, final of the FA Cup, quarter finals europa league."

Quintessentially the wrong use of the word

tumblr_mgsh3pcLrm1r2mfhgo1_400.gif

Now I'm not a grammar nazi, nor do I have a Collins dictionary sat next to me, but doesn't quintessentially mean stereotypical?

I swear them meffs see these words and think that's it, that's the perfect word to start my long winded and ultimately pointless point.

To think I'm ip banned from there for posting consistent rubbish.

You're right, Sapie...

As in 'Liverpool supporters are the quintessential bellends.'

"Hendo":

Gerrard is 'The best player this country has ever seen'

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha.

FFS, that's just outrageous. The lad looks thick, now he's just opened his mouth to confirm it.

Off Rawk: Not read the rest but my god that's the most ridiculously wrong use of the word quintessentially I've ever seen.

"Quintessentially, I want to see improvement in the defensive phase, I want to see a solid Liverpool that is capable of absorbing attacks effectively, when necessary. We have shown we can attack well, if I see improvement in the other phase, leading to a more powerful team, then whatever happens with results in the short term I would still be happy.

Results wise:

If we entertain long term aspirations of being a major player on the scene, then at the minimum we have to challenge for the champions league spots. It's still early in his reign and last season has built a lot of credit in the bank for Rodgers that even a crap season where we end up 8th or 9th should be made an allowance for, but it's fair to want a go for top 4 at least imo.

If we end up with a very tough group in the cl after being out of it for so long, getting knocked out would be painful, but not unexpected, so the club goes into this without much pressure. A decent run in one of the cups should be a target as well.

Win something, obviously. On the one hand you have to be realistic so that you don't pile on the pressure on a manager unfairly, but I hope we see a focus to win one of the cups this season, we've been getting knocked out far too easily / early.

Probably Pointless Predictions: 4th or 5th, final of the FA Cup, quarter finals europa league."

Without knowing the authors background, I thought this was a wind-up. Cliché ridden claptrap perfectly in keeping with the newspeak of the Rodgers regime....insane enough to be posted on there, but disturbingly balanced for RAWK in its reasoning. The last line has resonance and probably caused a mini meltdown in the defensive phase on RAWK due to being seen as disloyal and unambitious.

If Liverpool fans were saying the same stuff about Everton if the positions were switched, we'd be laughing at their ludicrous comments. Rodgers was a great manager last season.

He most certainly was not a "great manager" last season.

If he had been a great manager, he would have shown it the day Jose's depleted team rolled into town and parked the bus.

A great manager would have just stood by the bus stop and watched the paint dry on the number 19 instead of trying to break the door down in a crazy attempt to board it.

Brent did a good enough job in getting them to the position they were in when that game kicked off....the next ninety minutes exposed his shortcomings.

Gerrard was okay as an England player, decent pass, massively undisciplined, few goals, but he was no better than anyone else, to compare him to actual international quality like Lahm and Pirlo is disrespectful to the quality of those players.
He is and always has been a decent Liverpool player, but internationally he is very, very average and at no point has he really amazed anyone.

Pirlo on the other hand who he has been likened to and in some cases rated above, has amazed everyone, consistently for years.

The odd decent game from Gerrard, does not absolve him of the pointlessness of his international career.

There is a lot of talk of how much of a shame it is that the old boys won't be there to pass on their knowledge and experience to the next generation of England footballers, but if it was me i'd sack off Johnson and Rooney from the squad and start afresh, who needs to have passed down to them a decades knowledge of underachieving and winning nothing?

Gerrard was okay as an England player, decent pass, massively undisciplined, few goals, but he was no better than anyone else, to compare him to actual international quality like Lahm and Pirlo is disrespectful to the quality of those players.
He is and always has been a decent Liverpool player, but internationally he is very, very average and at no point has he really amazed anyone.

Pirlo on the other hand who he has been likened to and in some cases rated above, has amazed everyone, consistently for years.

The odd decent game from Gerrard, does not absolve him of the pointlessness of his international career.

There is a lot of talk of how much of a shame it is that the old boys won't be there to pass on their knowledge and experience to the next generation of England footballers, but if it was me i'd sack off Johnson and Rooney from the squad and start afresh, who needs to have passed down to them a decades knowledge of underachieving and winning nothing?

You can see the difference between us and the Germans. They moved on Ballack when he was sloeing down and now Lahm has stepped aside to make way for other players. Meanwhile we indulged Lampard and Gerrard well past their sell by date.

Notjing is more infuriating than the comparisons between Gerrard and Pirlo. One is one of the greatest players for their country ever and can sit alongside Xavi and Iniesta as greatrst midfielders of this generation. World cup winner, multiple title winner. The other has done absolutely nought on the international stage despite numerous chances and has never won a league title. Chalk and cheese.

"Hendo":

Gerrard is 'The best player this country has ever seen'

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha.

FFS, that's just outrageous. The lad looks thick, now he's just opened his mouth to confirm it.

The best player this country has ever seen..... THE BEST PLAYER THIS COUNTRY HAS EVER SEEN

He's not even the best player the city has ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back