• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
....Sterling seems to be getting most abuse from the greatest fans in the world this morning. Some ripe comments on Facebook, put politely if he wants big bucks then he should take responsibility. I couldn't resist adding a comment 'if you're interested the draw is live on Eurosport at midday'.

But it was the best penalty loss ever..Do you not understand that..Fact. LFC were the best, end of. It's is like they won the trophy in a moral way.

A very special night really. Beskitas are a very ordinary team as well and have been in poor form recently. Demba Ba in spite of what people say is a washed up Chelsea reserve (objectively speaking, albeit a hero to me subjectively).

My prognosis that Rodgers is a loser lives on. I remember lots on here panicking he would win the Europa if he got knocked out of the champions league and wanted them to go through. That was never in doubt they have now been eliminated from both cup competitions at the first hurdle.

What we can learn from this is this is two things. Firstly Rodgers has no idea whatsoever how to play European football. Any talk of him going to a Barcelona or Real Madrid is completely laughable. He would be found out very quickly in a European league as he has been in Europe with Liverpool.
Far from playing fantastic continental football, Rodgers basically plays kick and run English football. It is effective for them but he is little more than a Sam Allardyce.

Secondly he is a born loser. Whenever he has faced any kind of challenge he has been knocked out of cup competitions. The reason they have got through to the FA Cup Quarter final (or the mickey mouse cup semi final) was down to favourable draws. Mark my words, the moment he has to play a top 10 side away from home they will get knocked out.

In every big game he has faced they have bottled it spectacularly. Chelsea away last season. Palace away last season. Basel this season. Beskitas. Chelsea in the cup, the list goes on. Last season, had they have beaten Chelsea and Palace they’d have found a way to lose to Newcastle.

I was never worried about them being in the Europa league. He has beaten us once in about 10 games due to us having a major injury crisis. This season, over the two games we’d have knocked them out and we were playing with very little confidence and lots of injuries in those games.

They remind me of how we were under Moyes. They are a not bad side, filled with tidy players like Lallana. When the pressure is off they will win games, but as soon as the pressure is on they go to pot.

They key difference between us under Moyes and them though, is that they have spent a fortune doing it, while we didn’t spend anything net.

Enjoy last night lads, it was a very special evening watching them spectacularly failing while we breezed through our game with what looked like a cricket score. But also be aware this is not an aberration. This is the new Liverpool who bottle it in the face of any semi decent team.

I'm absolutely made up. It's hilarious watching the media fall over themselves and filling back pages of every newspaper with their smug faces planted on the halfway line. It's almost as if they are trying to cling on to the fact that Liverpool were ever in Europe at all, what a shambles it's been for them. W∆nkers.

They were behind to end which penalty shoots taken.as far as I see on tv it was one block app.800 to 1000 fans nothing more if I find any pics on turkish forums will upload.

I'm not holding my breath, but after last season, and now this penalty loss

could it possibly be...the devil has finally had enough of them ???

I think he's phasing out slowly, he was definitely still there v Spurs and Southampton and wouldn't surprise me at all if he reapperared v City. He also weaved his spell in the league cup until Jose sorted him yet again. Ever since the slip though things are slowly changing: a 94th minute derby thunderbolt equaliser, not fluking their way past Chelsea in the league cup, going out of the champions league justifiably without some ill deserved penalty rescuing them, and now actually losing a shootout for the first time in my livibg memory. Shame we've been rubbish really or it would almost be enjoyable.

Considering they lost,they have plenty of coverage in the Daily Mirror,
And to lose a penalty shoot out after all the pens they have been awarded, it doesn't get much better.

I think he's phasing out slowly, he was definitely still there v Spurs and Southampton and wouldn't surprise me at all if he reapperared v City. He also weaved his spell in the league cup until Jose sorted him yet again. Ever since the slip though things are slowly changing: a 94th minute derby thunderbolt equaliser, not fluking their way past Chelsea in the league cup, going out of the champions league justifiably without some ill deserved penalty rescuing them, and now actually losing a shootout for the first time in my livibg memory. Shame we've been rubbish really or it would almost be enjoyable.

He still has one duty left - ensuring Slippy wins the FA Cup on his birthday. After the foreheadless gimp disappears to the USA, we may also see Satan's contract torn up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back