• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Owners won't like that. Foreign owners love the showcase of European football to big up their brand, you only have to see the pressure Pellefgrini and countless Chelsea managers have been under even after winning the title. As if the champions league wasn't embarrassing enough for them they're now out of the Europa at the first hurdle just like against Zenit (that campaign all of Rodgers defenders have forgotten about when they claim this season was his first European expedition - yeah ok). I still will never understand why managers throw away trophy opportunities for points in the league. We sacrifice the league cup every year and for what? We don't do anything in the league. Equally Liverpool aren't going to win the league so it was a choice between a scrap for fourth or a go at a trophy and qualification via that route. I just don't get this logic of throwing away trophies you've qualified for in order to qualify again for them next year. What is the point?

Quick question with better knowledge than me, When was the last time Everton were involved in a modern format European competition longer than Liverpool?

If only he hadn't left Stevie G at home......Stevie would deffo have scored.....or probably won the match in normal time......oh well.......

Lol at that Nivea advert coming on last night during the itv coverage with the strapline...

10998900_1065769470116026_9005364117667816756_n.jpg

HAHAHA, Rogers getting rid of all their big players and building a team that wont even take a penalty...

It should also be noted that they finished with 4 CB's on the pitch.... great tactics by rogers

Haven't heard any of that famous 'merseyside' spirit today. How do they normally do it? 'It'll be good for the city if we won it, we'd be supporting 'youse' if you ever got there, no need to be bitter you should be supporting your county's team blah blah blah'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back