• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Won't mean anything until they're out. Rodgers is a lucky manager, most managers would have gone out the league cup to Swansea, gone out the FA cup to Bolton and dropped points to Spurs and Southampton. Even today though there were clear chances that Blackburn just missed. All I can say is thank god they're out the champions league when they're in this sort of spawny form. Ideal season for us is fifth for them and no trophies. The RS being the RS though means we will probably have to endure them getting at least one of the top 4 or the cup. Like I said, some different luck and they'd be completely empty handed now but that sort of luck seems reserved for us in the league.

The shyte being the shyte means they will probably finish 4th and win the cup,that's how it usually rolls.

For today though, they struggled and ain't through yet and that's gave me a chuckle. Scruffy bellends.

Honestly, I should watch them more often. they must have played well on this run because they have all said they have but this year i've seen them play us, bolton, besiktas (twice) and blackburn. Each time they have looked like a woefully mediocre side.

What gives?

Honestly, I should watch them more often. they must have played well on this run because they have all said they have but this year i've seen them play us, bolton, besiktas (twice) and blackburn. Each time they have looked like a woefully mediocre side.

What gives?

They're trying to convince people that this recent spawny run is in some way better than when they were just annihilating teams last year because they've not conceded as many. The truth is they've played well a few times on this run and got very lucky at others. They were extremely poor over both legs of the Besiktas tie, but an undeserved Balotelli penalty, poor finishing from Besiktas and the general unpopularity of the Europa League largely covered up how poor they were against a decent side over 210mins of football. I thought they were rubbish against Spurs, at home Spurs mostly made the play but a bit like the City game last year Liverpool got goals at crucial times (including an embarrassing 'save' from lloris normally one of the top keepers in the league to gift them the opener). A draw would have been a fair reflection and their champions league dream would probably be over now. They were rank against us, we were just even mind bogglingly worse. The Southampton game was a farce and they should have been soundly beaten but were helped over the line by a bent ref. The two cup ties v Bolton were poor but again bailed out by some last minute heroics and Coutinho wonder goal. They played well v City you have to admit but again if Aguero or Silva brings their shooting boots it would have counted for nothing as it could easily have been 3-3. The problem is on runs like this their good luck and lenient refereeing helps them through the games they're playing badly so when they do turn up and play well (Palace away, Burnley home) it suddenly looks like an amazing run and they're smashing every body where as other teams are dropping points.

What annoys me most about them and even happened today is their defense allows so many chances on their goal yet teams just never score them (the Ba miss for example or the Aguero one off the post, the Bolton one at 1-0 up) yet when we give a team one half chance (Chelsea away, Giroud, even Moses' header) it always flys straight in, or deflects in. Lierpool got lauded for their Carling cup second leg performance but Chelsea had more clear cut chances in that game than they had in the Goodison 6-3. I know people will point the finger at Howard but teams this season just seem to score against us whenever we give them a chance whereas teams just flap it as soon as they get in similar positions against Liverpool.

Two and half seasons; £250M spent.........

rodge-336
loser.jpg
tempting fate much?
Would this not have been better to wait until they're out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back