• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at that Metro stat it amazes me that Spurs fans let Levy off the hook. £472m for one league cup is pretty piss poor.

If he stopped sacking managers every season , the stability might have made them proper challengers.

tbf he's sold the majority of players well over their value and managed to buy a whole host of great world class players like bale, lloris, van der vaart, modric etc. their managers have done terribly. should have shown a bit more faith in some of them though.

Always a but mate, you've spent as much if not more then any other club in the modern era. The reality is as a club it can't attract the top level players it needs to compete with the truly top every season CL and League winning clubs. It's been going on for years, I can't remember your team with anything more then expensive never will bes or second tier players. As a club none of the top players consider joining, as joining a top club.

Sanchez in the summer is a case in point. Let's just call the ones who have "Aqulanis".
so bad you can't even spell his name even close to right ha

Your up there mate: http://metro.co.uk/2014/09/08/manch...tio-than-chelsea-and-manchester-city-4860834/

Suarez and Torres are an illustration of my point mate, they moved on to more successfull sides and used you for a stepping stone.

I take your point on Sturridge and Couthino, good players, but Sturridge couldn't get into city's side or Chelsea's for that matter, I doubt if he was still at those clubs he would make their starting 11s. Couthino looks a very good young player - could be a good bit of business, big challenge will be doing it consistently instead of every other season and when teams begin to double up on him. Not knocking the former as Lukaku and Barkley are similar. Just a frank analysis albeit through blue glasses.

I would honestly be disappointed after spending all those millions over a sustained period, that you still look largely to Gerrard and Sterling for star quality, given they are both from the youth team.

Can't disagree with too much but don't fall for their spin, Sterling is from QPR's youth system, they signed him in 2010.

Edit: beaten to it!

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...-fcs-mario-balotelli-declares-8775316#rlabs=2

Wonder who it could be

Steven-Gerrard-Mario-Balotelli.png

Your right there, we were pretty crap for the first half of the season Neil (can I call you that!?), but the second half has seen a big improvement in the league, so were not exactly regressing.

You play well when the pressure is off mate. You've had a decent run of form and beaten some not bad teams over a two month period. Lets not go overboard. Even within that period (which some are calling the "champions since Christmas") you have still managed to balls up the biggest games within that.

Firstly you have been knocked out of Europe, a chance to win the second most prestigious trophy (after the Premier league) available to you. Secondly you got knocked out of the mickey mouse cup semi finals.

You are basically Everton from 5 years ago. You will play some lovely stuff, win some unimportant games and look the business. When the pressure comes on though, when it really matters you will melt away, because your manager is a born loser who's won the square root of rop all.

THey'll beat blackburn today, but it's going to be hard for big nose to justify bringing gerrard back...who's he going to drop? Can you imagine...the stevie me tour starts up again and they start to lose. Feckin hilerious if they get to the final and he's benched

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back