• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you spent 120 mill you really should expect to be challenging the top teams instead or rubbing shoulders with Southampton.

Regression all round as far as I can see.

Them lot? Had a decent set of fixtures, fair play, maxed out pretty much, then did a job on Spurs(?) and City.

Rogers wants Gerrard no where near that team now. Be interesting to see how that plays out.

If you spend 120 mill you really should expect to be challenging the top teams instead or rubbing shoulders with Southampton.

Regression all round as far as I can see.
Your right there, we were pretty crap for the first half of the season Neil (can I call you that!?), but the second half has seen a big improvement in the league, so were not exactly regressing.

Them lot? Had a decent set of fixtures, fair play, maxed out pretty much, then did a job on Spurs(?) and City.

Rogers wants Gerrard no where near that team now. Be interesting to see how that plays out.

The Gerrard thing is amazing, not an eye blinked, especially when you consider that song they sing. We've treated Hibbert far better - dignity and respect. Just reminds you why we are Evertonians and them lot only come out when things are good.

Playing well ATM albeit on a bit of a handy run, Utd and Arsenal on the horizon.

I assume this phase of the season was the real priority overall and now they can focus on it without any pesky European distractions.

The Gerrard thing is amazing, not an eye blinked, especially when you consider that song they sing. We've treated Hibbert far better - dignity and respect. Just reminds you why we are Evertonians and them lot only come out when things are good.

Playing well ATM albeit on a bit of a handy run, Utd and Arsenal on the horizon.

I assume this phase of the season was the real priority overall and now they can focus on it without any pesky European distractions.

Haha! Changes by the week that doesnt it?

Dont watch them much, so no idea if Rogers has stumbled on this formation, or if he is actually a lot better than he gets credit for on here.

Not that he would ever get much credit!

FRom rawk

Why compare yourselves to us? WE dont matter, right? Right?

Anyway, you absolute delusional bellend, you are outside the top 4 after challenging for the league last year and are 12 points behind and have played a game more than the top team, been knocked out of Europe at the first hurdle TWICE by two mediocre teams, runs in the FA Cup and league have coinicided with you playing ten men team in roughly 82% of those games, getting questionable decision after questionable decision in your favour and not facing any decent teams (in the cup).

On top of that you have five players leaving on a free this year, have no saleable assets, are stuck with Balotelli, Joe Allen ans sahko for the foreseeable future... etc

Not even going to mention the illiterate use of the apostrophe. Cos i'm nice like that.

it's almost as if both teams had the same amount of money to buy bigger squads

Your right there, we were pretty crap for the first half of the season Neil (can I call you that!?), but the second half has seen a big improvement in the league, so were not exactly regressing.

Always a but mate, you've spent as much if not more then any other club in the modern era. The reality is as a club it can't attract the top level players it needs to compete with the truly top every season CL and League winning clubs. It's been going on for years, I can't remember your team with anything more then expensive never will bes or second tier players. As a club none of the top players consider joining, as joining a top club.

Sanchez in the summer is a case in point. Let's just call the ones who have "Aqulanis".

Always a but mate, you've spent as much if not more then any other club in the modern era. The reality is as a club it can't attract the top level players it needs to compete with the truly top every season CL and League winning clubs. It's been going on for years, I can't remember your team with anything more then expensive never will bes or second tier players. As a club none of the top players consider joining, as joining a top club.

Sanchez in the summer is a case in point. Let's just call the ones who have "Aqulanis".

Some truths and untruths in there mate. I`m not an expert on who`s spent what in the modern era but I`d be surprised if we`ve out spent Utd, City and Chelsea.

We have wasted a s h I t load on some expensive flops (Andy Caroll being the mother load), but I wouldn`t call the likes of Torres, Suarez expensive never will be`s or second tier players. Even todays side with the likes of Sturridge and Coutinho, doesn`t look like some of these players will be "never will be`s".

Your right about the ability to attract top level players this summer, knocked back by Sanchez and rumours of Falcao (although wether that's true I don`t know, as I don`t believe we would be willing to pay a player £200-£300k a week).

Some truths and untruths in there mate. I`m not an expert on who`s spent what in the modern era but I`d be surprised if we`ve out spent Utd, City and Chelsea.

We have wasted a s h I t load on some expensive flops (Andy Caroll being the mother load), but I wouldn`t call the likes of Torres, Suarez expensive never will be`s or second tier players. Even todays side with the likes of Sturridge and Coutinho, doesn`t look like some of these players will be "never will be`s".

Your right about the ability to attract top level players this summer, knocked back by Sanchez and rumours of Falcao (although wether that's true I don`t know, as I don`t believe we would be willing to pay a player £200-£300k a week).

Your up there mate: http://metro.co.uk/2014/09/08/manch...tio-than-chelsea-and-manchester-city-4860834/

Suarez and Torres are an illustration of my point mate, they moved on to more successfull sides and used you for a stepping stone.

I take your point on Sturridge and Couthino, good players, but Sturridge couldn't get into city's side or Chelsea's for that matter, I doubt if he was still at those clubs he would make their starting 11s. Couthino looks a very good young player - could be a good bit of business, big challenge will be doing it consistently instead of every other season and when teams begin to double up on him. Not knocking the former as Lukaku and Barkley are similar. Just a frank analysis albeit through blue glasses.

I would honestly be disappointed after spending all those millions over a sustained period, that you still look largely to Gerrard and Sterling for star quality, given they are both from the youth team.

Looking at that Metro stat it amazes me that Spurs fans let Levy off the hook. £472m for one league cup is pretty piss poor.

If he stopped sacking managers every season , the stability might have made them proper challengers.

Looking at that Metro stat it amazes me that Spurs fans let Levy off the hook. £472m for one league cup is pretty piss poor.

If he stopped sacking managers every season , the stability might have made them proper challengers.

Really no excuse when you consider a lot of world stars would be attracted to living in London.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back