• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its up to them when they pray mate, Its not up to narrow minded people like yourself mocking them and pointing fingers

Sad attitude to have in 2015

What utter nonsense, I've not mocked anybody and I'm certainly not narrow minded.

You've got a bee in your bonet for some peculiar reason and are coming across as a bit dim here trying to imply I've an agenda when it's clear and obvious I dont.

there is a predudice towards msulims in this country. Simplest way of putting it.

Some people treat them as terrorists, others treat them as taking over the country.

At the end of the day muslims have been in this country for a long time before the media made them famous, so its a little bit small minded from people to act like they are dead against it all of a sudden and throw up posts like that kopite did.

Its sad that people can be mocked for following there religion in a peaceful manner

I suppose they would fit in more if they hurled abuse at the players and made monkey gestures

What utter nonsense, I've not mocked anybody and I'm certainly not narrow minded.

You've got a bee in your bonet for some peculiar reason and are coming across as a bit dim here trying to imply I've an agenda when it's clear and obvious I dont.

there's a time and place for everything and setting up for prayers at half time of a major sporting event doesn't exactly seem appropriate

Why not? Did they bother anyone? Did it effect peoples enjoyment of the game?

If someone left there seat to go on the phone for 15 mins would that be an issue? Or is it because there Muslims praying?[/quote][/quote]

there's a time and place for everything and setting up for prayers at half time of a major sporting event doesn't exactly seem appropriate

Why not? Did they bother anyone? Did it effect peoples enjoyment of the game?

If someone left there seat to go on the phone for 15 mins would that be an issue? Or is it because there Muslims praying?
[/quote][/QUOTE]

You're getting yourself into a right flap here Del, you're the one who's brought up the fact that their Muslim into this not me. As anyone else can easily see I've said it's seems odd to pray at half time, nothing to do with what religion their partaking in. I couldn't care less if their Muslim, Hindu, Roman Catholics, Scienctologist, Mormons or whatever, I don't care and it's no business of mine. You're the one seemingly hung up on what religion they are for some strange reason.

I simply don't think its the best time or place to perform a religious gesture, given the short space of time and the suitability of the environment.

[QUOTE="Dithering Dougie, post: 3418840, member: 22466

You're getting yourself into a right flap here Del, you're the one who's brought up the fact that their Muslim into this not me. As anyone else can easily see I've said it's odd seems odd to pray at half time, nothing to do with what religion their partaking in. I couldn't care less if their Muslim, Hindu, Roman Catholics, Scienctologist, Mormons or whatever, I don't care and it's no business of mine. You're the one seemingly hung up on what religion they are for some strange reason.

I simply don't think its the best time or place to perform a religious gesture, given the short space of time and the instability of the environment.[/QUOTE]

Why?

[QUOTE="Dithering Dougie, post: 3418840, member: 22466

You're getting yourself into a right flap here Del, you're the one who's brought up the fact that their Muslim into this not me. As anyone else can easily see I've said it's odd seems odd to pray at half time, nothing to do with what religion their partaking in. I couldn't care less if their Muslim, Hindu, Roman Catholics, Scienctologist, Mormons or whatever, I don't care and it's no business of mine. You're the one seemingly hung up on what religion they are for some strange reason.

I simply don't think its the best time or place to perform a religious gesture, given the short space of time and the instability of the environment.

Why?[/QUOTE]

Well there's the time limit as I've said before and the fact that there obstructing a fire exit for a start.

Well there's the time limit as I've said before and the fact that there obstructing a fire exit for a start.

LOL

The real reason you have your knickers in a twist is because there is two Muslims praying at the match

If it was a picture of a fella on his mobile in the same spot would you moan about it not being the time or place to speak on the phone

LOL

The real reason you have your knickers in a twist is because there is two Muslims praying at the match

If it was a picture of a fella on his mobile in the same spot would you moan about it not being the time or place to speak on the phone

You've made yourself look a right idiot here, keep digging.

I'm just trying to work out where there would be space at Goodison for people to set up and pray like that! Concourse areas are so rammed all the time!

You're getting yourself into a right flap here Del, you're the one who's brought up the fact that their Muslim into this not me. As anyone else can easily see I've said it's seems odd to pray at half time, nothing to do with what religion their partaking in. I couldn't care less if their Muslim, Hindu, Roman Catholics, Scienctologist, Mormons or whatever, I don't care and it's no business of mine. You're the one seemingly hung up on what religion they are for some strange reason.

I simply don't think its the best time or place to perform a religious gesture, given the short space of time and the suitability of the environment.

I can think of a home game in May 1994 that 99% of the Street End were visibly praying at half time.

setting up for prayers at half time of a major sporting event doesn't exactly seem the appropriate time or place.

Whats your problem with it mate?

Does the praying offend you or is it Muslims in general you have a problem with?

Koff Del.

They are doing nothing wrong but it does draw a few looks, there is a time and place for everything, just seems a little different praying at half time in a stadium full of 40k people. Do they have to pray at certain times on certain days maybe ?

It's not exactly normal behaviour at the match though is it.

I've not read the comments but there's a time and place for everything and setting up for prayers at half time of a major sporting event doesn't exactly seem the appropriate time or place.

Because you dont agree with the timing or place you are not a bonafide racist :mad:

Do one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back