• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not exactly normal behaviour at the match though is it.

I've not read the comments but there's a time and place for everything and setting up for prayers at half time of a major sporting event doesn't exactly seem the appropriate time or place.

I'm not Islamic but my parents were very religious and prayed before every meal and believe me I mean EVERY meal. When we were teens my brother,sister and I used to get embarrassed to crap when in a Wimpy my dad would pray before we could tuck in.

We wanted McDonald's Dad,not naff old Wimpy.

I once saw about 50% of the crowd at an evening game in Sudan get their prayer mats out at half time and collectively pray, and it included the police and stewards... Must have worked as the home team came from 0-2 down to draw 2-2 with the touring opposition from Brazil.

I'm not Islamic but my parents were very religious and prayed before every meal and believe me I mean EVERY meal. When we were teens my brother,sister and I used to get embarrassed to crap when in a Wimpy my dad would pray before we could tuck in.

We wanted McDonald's Dad,not naff old Wimpy.
I'm absolutely appalled at your shocking anti-wimpyism. This is the 21st century ffs, you should be tolerant to all burgers.

I think @Dithering Dougie means it's not the most peaceful place to pray - British and certainly Christian beliefs would suggest praying is a time for quiet reflection & thanks to our maker, at a football match certainly isn't that, however if it's required then it's required.

I admire the dedication Muslims show to their faith personally, it must cause some problems at times.

Wimpy is badly kopite tho.

And they had an ace one on Park Street in Bristol. Just up from a record shop. Like a proper, old fashioned record shop, not HMV or Virgin, but a local one. Would go in and buy a new LP there, then just up from there was a 2nd hand record shop, so would buy an old Led Zep or Floyd LP or something.

Then into Wimpy.

My youth was kopite ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back