• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had a nose at a couple of 'neutral' fan forums - all finding their statement astonishing.

It's outrageous.

"When are yer gonna charge Evra, eh? eh? eh?"

They've blown their whole legs off with that, never mind shot through a foot.

They're a laughing stock.

I think we should take a moment to reflect on the seriousness of this judgement and not just gloat........

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaah.....ahem....

As I was saying, we...hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.....can't stop....hahahahahahahaha...........p.issing myself with laughter..............hahahahahahahahaha

I doubt you're actually laughing, and the main point is: why did Evra press for Suarez to be charged if he admitted in his own written statement that he didn't think Suarez was racist?

If I find a tenner outside a Natwest doesn't make me a bank robber.

He was convicted of using racist language, not being a member of the Klan mate.

Maybe he meant that he didn't think he was a racist -- in terms of his character -- but rather that he'd just said something racist. If you know what I'm saying?

That's the most plausible answer, definitely. This will be appealed though and will be dragged on for ages. I'd rather have seen him take a 3-4 game ban outright than see a whole appeal process lasting weeks, even if it means he doesn't miss a single game. He's our best player, but he's not as indispensable as people - even our own fans - make out, and I just don't think all this hanging over the club is good for the team.

I doubt you're actually laughing, and the main point is: why did Evra press for Suarez to be charged if he admitted in his own written statement that he didn't think Suarez was racist?

Because he said he used racist language and wanted him charged with that. If he thinks Suarez has wigged out on the day and said stuff he wouldn't ordinarily say then maybe that's what he meant. In any case, it's neither here nor there what definition Evra gives to Suarez, it's the resonsibility of the panel to determine that.

Liverpool need to take their porridge and belt up. They've just made spectacular tits of themselves.

'**** the FA! Ass kissing whiskey nose was bad enough, now this joke of a charge.'

- Kopite on my facebook 2011.

I've dangled my rod and got some really juicy bites.

The best (most shocking) was

"8 f*cking games for telling the truth? Evra is a b**** c***"

Swiftly deleted and told to [Poor language removed] off

It's comical as a statement from a major organisation. They start off by crediting Evra with saying he didn't think Suarez was a pathological racist, then they call on the FA to charge Evra for calling Suarez a south american. Classy!

They're out of control. What a shambles of a legal team they must have. Maybe it was the tea lady who wrote it.

Incredible statement, just incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back