Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do agree with this. But I think they are beginning to change this and a number of negotiations have begun to go wrong, I do think they are starting to tighten the belt. Sterling, Gerrard, Henderson, Skirtl, Johnson's negotiations have all gone wrong recently. Ibe is still to sign and Flannagan hasn't signed.

Henderson and Sturridges recent contracts don't exactly scream of belt tightening and neither does the £100k offer to a 20 year old. Whoever they lose needs replacing and the vultures agents know that Liverpool are a wealthy club that have a reputation as a big club to protect and will demand large salaries.

They get screwed over worse than QPR because of their ego and bow down to demands eventually.

Has there ever been a Liverpool <----> Man Utd transfer?
Since the 1964 transfer of Phil Chisnall from United to Liverpool, no player has been transferred directly between the two clubs.

Allenby Chilton was the last to go from RS to Utd. In November 1938. :)

Yep. I dont think the Kopites know who to turn to and have a go at: manager or owner.

If FSG moved to sack Rodgers (which they should surely be thinking seriously about...and apparently they are ruthless in baseball decision making on that level as they were with Dalglish) they'd have to have a name lined up with some decent CV attached to it. A De Boer or Bilic or Blanc maybe (Klopp looks Turkey-bound by all accounts).

It'll be sad to see the no mark go, but it's unrealistic now to see him around much longer. Once the season ends this Sunday I dont think it'll be too long before the ball starts rolling.

Well the thing with Liverpool, more than any other set of fans, is there is this desire for Unity. I think it's developed from the sense that they have some sort of divinity and are sent from God. With that sense of entitlement comes a need to develop 1 consistent narrative. Compared to Evertonian's say they are very different. Over the last season Evertonians have been split over Kirbky, Kenwright, Moyes and recently Martinez. On all questions I have my views, which differ from other fans. This is just a normal part of life. They are unable to do that though, and start accusing each other of blasphemy.

To get to point, they can't handle so many options. You are going to have the Rodgers out, and the FSG out brigade. You are also going to have your Gerrard loyalists. The Benitez lovers faction are still lurking. Then there's the really nutty ones, who think everything will be fine, support Rodgers and FSG and it's all the FA/Man Uniteds/Chelsea's fault.

All these different factions are going to start turning on each other. They are already fighting now, trying to make the current Sterling dilemma fit their narrative.

I agree with you, after Sunday he is now in big trouble. Of course they may get a big named manager in. They will be better than Rodgers, but at the same time it is now becoming more clear how badly run a football club Liverpool is. I think Martinez could see this when he first met them, the early warning signs and that's why he jibbed them. It's only going to get worse now though.

Henderson and Sturridges recent contracts don't exactly scream of belt tightening and neither does the £100k offer to a 20 year old. Whoever they lose needs replacing and the vultures agents know that Liverpool are a wealthy club that have a reputation as a big club to protect and will demand large salaries.

They get screwed over worse than QPR because of their ego and bow down to demands eventually.

Well all these things are relative aren't they? Henderson only signed recently. They are binning off Gerrard and Johnson this summer and quite possibly Lovren alongside them, while Flannagan is unhappy at his offer.

In the abstract sense 100k a week is unreal for Sterling. He has been built up too far for a decent young player. However if you view him as the best young player in Europe (which both FSG and Rodgers would do) 100k per week is quite stingy. There will be a dozen clubs who'd pay him more.

Obviously when I say belt tightening, they are not going to turn into Everton. But relative to their aspirations of the top 4 they will increasingly be left behind if the yanks keep not only lowballing contract offers, but also making a mess of them as they do so.

Has there ever been a Liverpool <----> Man Utd transfer?
not for over 50 years apparently.

Date[23] Name From To Fee[24]
August 1912 Tom Chorlton Liverpool Manchester United
November 1913 Jackie Sheldon Manchester United Liverpool
September 1920 Tom Miller Liverpool Manchester United £2,000
May 1921 Fred Hopkin Manchester United Liverpool
February 1929 Tommy Reid Liverpool Manchester United
January 1938 Ted Savage Liverpool Manchester United
November 1938 Allenby Chilton Liverpool Manchester United
February 1954 Thomas McNulty Manchester United Liverpool £7,000
April 1964 Phil Chisnall Manchester United Liverpool £25,000

Yes. Was talkin to a cultist the other week about horrenderson's price tag & pay increase (sniggering overtly as I did). His reasoning (Shurely shome mistake?) was that we'd have got him for a lot less because we're not them. Of course, he didn't get it.....But what can you expect of them? o_O

Brands Carragher 'a knob'...

tumblr_inline_no4g7lZ3BE1qbdhqc_500.gif

Could this club get any funnier? FSG will be furious with this, another embarrassment in the PR arena. Who can blame Sterling though, having to play for Brenda and that cult when you could be with Jose getting trophy after trophy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back