• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you'd find that calling someone that wouldn't go unpunished.

Doesn't happen very often though does it? Reminds me of the old Dixie Dean story whereby someone was giving him stick on account of his complexion. At half-time he decked the other player. The copper in attendance said he fully deserved it and did no more. Oh for the days when that was how this was handled rather than week after week of pathetic 'he said, I said' nonsense.

Yes. Ignoring the fact that a left back is not likely to be marking a centre forward, sadly it happens in the game. By all accounts Materazzi said some pretty beastly things to Zidane in the WC final to provoke his head butt, no one has critisized him. No one has said he should be banned for however many games. Frankly it has got bugger all to do with you, me or anyone else. Any marketer is told that your message isn't what you say, it's what the target hears. Clearly in this case Evra has taken offence at whatever was said, other people may not have done. Frankly it's got bugger all to do with you, me or anyone else and it should have been sorted out between the two of them like the pair of grown adults they profess to being instead of carrying on like a bunch of bloody kids.

This isn't a management consultants conference. By that logic it's OK to make derogatory comments about other people's skin colour/nationality/ethnicity so long as they don't take offence. And if they do, it is they who have the problem. Blatteresque musings in a nutshell.

Doesn't happen very often though does it? Reminds me of the old Dixie Dean story whereby someone was giving him stick on account of his complexion. At half-time he decked the other player. The copper in attendance said he fully deserved it and did no more. Oh for the days when that was how this was handled rather than week after week of pathetic 'he said, I said' nonsense.

It was a fan and the copper shook his hand. He'd be up in the dock for something like that nowadays though.

:lol: That's what I meant earlier about people being so darn angry. This whole suggestion that you can't settle differences without resorting to violence. It's absurd. Some folks need to get a grip.

What like Dixie did ?

:lol: That's what I meant earlier about people being so darn angry. This whole suggestion that you can't settle differences without resorting to violence. It's absurd. Some folks need to get a grip.

Over my head this one Bruce.

I meant in context of if he would lamp me for saying stuff like that, a extreme example of a very likely outcome in saying things like that to get a rise out of someone.

Truthfully though, Id go through him in a way that is hurt him but in a way where id get away with it .

Sunday league is tough mate, I've seen people try leg breakers with little prevacation

Sunday league is ****in' haggard. Loads of agro fellas taking out their hangovers on each other. Played a few times back in the day and thought, "f*** this for a laugh".

This isn't a management consultants conference. By that logic it's OK to make derogatory comments about other people's skin colour/nationality/ethnicity so long as they don't take offence. And if they do, it is they who have the problem. Blatteresque musings in a nutshell.

I've said many times that I don't personally support what Suarez said, but then I don't really see the point of insulting someone however you want to do it. Seems a futile exercise to me. The point I was trying to make however is that you can't guarantee how two different people will react to the same message. In this case, some may react like Evra did, some may react like Dixie did, others might just laugh at your attempts to wind them up in such a crass way.

I'm not bothered really by what was said because I'm not at all bothered by either of the individuals that were involved in the conversation. My problem is the whole bloody fuss this has created. It's not evidence of racism in football or anything of the sort, it's just two probably less than intelligent footballers mouthing off at each other. Players probably hurl insults at each other dozens of times every game. How often do you think a player would call another player a fag if they felt he was play acting for instance? God only knows how often similar and worse insults spew forth from the terraces towards the players.

Frankly we should all get a bloody life. Of all the really very serious things going on in the world right now, the stupid utterings of these two pillocks should not register anywhere. They should both be told to grow up and it should be done in private. Why anyone cares is a mystery.

No Brucey! You've been had by the power of multi quote!

It's madness. The talk radio folks love you lot. This is a non-event between two people that really do not matter. Neither they nor the incident have any wider significance. Stop getting so het up and talk about something proper that's happening in the world.

The apologists are falling over themselves on Talksport still.

Richard Keys is desperate for him not to be labelled as a racist.

The most disgustingman on telly...oh no, he's been chased from there hasn't he. Ha Ha ha.

The hairy-handed tvvat. *non-racist jibe*

It's madness. The talk radio folks love you lot. This is a non-event between two people that really do not matter. Neither they nor the incident have any wider significance. Stop getting so het up and talk about something proper that's happening in the world.

I know you like to see complexity in everything mate, but this is literally black and white - no middle ground to be had here. He's been had off for using a racist jibe to wind another player up.

End of story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back