• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently the first verse doesn't work:

Luis, the Rednose Kopite
had a very dodgy past.
But if you ever saw him,
you would say he's pretty fast.

Seriously? You'd get wound up if someone called you a 'little white'? Maybe that's half the problem here, that people are just so angry these days. Whether it's the media fanning the flames and trying to create uproar over every issue or not I don't know. Maybe folks take their lead from all the grumpy as heck soap operas we have here. Seriously, chill out. You don't need to lamp someone over anything, least of all someone calling you names. Sense of perspective and all that.

I mean why does Evra care? He clearly doesn't like Suarez so why would he give a toss what he says? If he makes a remark about your skin colour laugh at him and walk away. All this fuss just makes him look massively insecure.

FacebookLikeButton.png
Sepp Platter Likes this.

Seriously? You'd get wound up if someone called you a 'little white'? Maybe that's half the problem here, that people are just so angry these days. Whether it's the media fanning the flames and trying to create uproar over every issue or not I don't know. Maybe folks take their lead from all the grumpy as heck soap operas we have here. Seriously, chill out. You don't need to lamp someone over anything, least of all someone calling you names. Sense of perspective and all that.

I mean why does Evra care? He clearly doesn't like Suarez so why would he give a toss what he says? If he makes a remark about your skin colour laugh at him and walk away. All this fuss just makes him look massively insecure.

How is he supposed to walk away during a game when is probably marking him ? Also this 'comment' was made about 10 times during the game. Was he supposed to laugh each time ?

You're not black, are you, Bruce?

Nope, but there are lots of things about me that are genetically determined that I get comments about. I mean I'm a short arse and quite often get short jokes made at my expense. There's a lot of evidence suggesting that taller people earn more, get more shags and so on. Should I get offended by the jokes and rise up against this blatant discrimination? Where do you draw the line?

No doubt mention will be made that short people have never been slaves or whatever, like that is in anyway relevant to throwaway insults made on a fecking football pitch. It really is not that important!

I'll ask again though, if a footballer were to call someone a yid would anyone bat an eyelid? It's a racial insult, with the target having suffered mass discrimination in the very recent past on account of their race. Who is the moral arbitor of society that gets to judge what we can and cannot get offended about?

To trot out a Roosevelt line, no one can make you feel inferior without your permission.

It's still ON!

Today's Echo:

"With Suarez also facing another FA charge for an alleged offensive gesture made to Fulham fans recently, there are real concerns that a witch hunt is being conducted against Liverpool FC."

The Echo really do love it. They're like the propaganda wing of libpoolfootballclublad.

The general reaction today from the average fan seems to be more about how cringeworthy and embarrassing the club statement is rather than the ban and fine. You couldn't make it up. :lol:

You don't have to be black to care.

as much as I think political correctness has gone barmy in respect of not being able to say anything relating to where a person comes from (how long before someone get's kicked out for 'wool'), and will also include calling someone from the nearest town.

RULES are RULES and he has admitted to using a term that is deemed to be racist.

WE AREN'T IN URUGUAY FFS.
IF IT IS SO COMMONPLACE THERE THEN HOW COME FORLAN OR SOMEONE NEVER MADE THE SAME FAUX PAS ?
I would imagine it is quite commonplace there, on the basis that they don't do anything to combat racism.

Nope, but there are lots of things about me that are genetically determined that I get comments about. I mean I'm a short arse and quite often get short jokes made at my expense. There's a lot of evidence suggesting that taller people earn more, get more shags and so on. Should I get offended by the jokes and rise up against this blatant discrimination? Where do you draw the line?

No doubt mention will be made that short people have never been slaves or whatever, like that is in anyway relevant to throwaway insults made on a fecking football pitch. It really is not that important!

I'll ask again though, if a footballer were to call someone a yid would anyone bat an eyelid? It's a racial insult, with the target having suffered mass discrimination in the very recent past on account of their race. Who is the moral arbitor of society that gets to judge what we can and cannot get offended about?

To trot out a Roosevelt line, no one can make you feel inferior without your permission.

I think you'd find that calling someone that wouldn't go unpunished.

How is he supposed to walk away during a game when is probably marking him ? Also this 'comment' was made about 10 times during the game. Was he supposed to laugh each time ?

Yes. Ignoring the fact that a left back is not likely to be marking a centre forward, sadly it happens in the game. By all accounts Materazzi said some pretty beastly things to Zidane in the WC final to provoke his head butt, no one has critisized him. No one has said he should be banned for however many games. Frankly it has got bugger all to do with you, me or anyone else. Any marketer is told that your message isn't what you say, it's what the target hears. Clearly in this case Evra has taken offence at whatever was said, other people may not have done. Frankly it's got bugger all to do with you, me or anyone else and it should have been sorted out between the two of them like the pair of grown adults they profess to being instead of carrying on like a bunch of bloody kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back