• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing annoys me more than smug Everton fans doing that and taking the high ground when 1.) The person it's aimed at had nothing to do with Heysel, and 2.) it's none of Everton's business anyway.

We have the high ground because you have the low ground. You lot put us there. As for it being none of Everton's 'business', as football is a business, your lot RUINED ours. When we say JFT96 - do you say that it is none of our business then? You know what you are don't you...

Luis plans to fight this

396396_10150433007511674_588931673_8927658_1118297673_n.jpg

Thanks for the avatar mate.

Lolling at thiis rallying cry from RAWK entitled "SEIGE MENTALITY!"

'After reading the club statement it seems inevitable that we will do what we can to clear Luis' name and that support of our player is something that is taken as a given at our club. We, as a club, will stand by him and assist him in any way we can to clear his name. However, it would be impossible to think that we can get an 8 game ban overturned completely (best case scenario in my opinion will be 4 games with 4 suspended but even that may be a bit of a pipe dream). Therefore, we must consider a short spell without Luis in the team. This is where Kenny will come into his own. I fully expect the boss to use this charge as a spur to our players to go out, win games and stick two fingers up to the FA by picking up points home and away with or without our best player. This can be used to create a siege mentality. Us against them. Us against everyone. Time to dust ourselves down, puff out our chests, and piss people off even more, the Liverpool Way - by winning football matches (starting at Wigan) and winning trophies.

YNWA

:lol:

They're like pigs in shit. This is what they live for.

RAWK update:

Two campaigns being argued for:

1) A Kop mosaic of a giant Uruguayan flag

2) everyone on the Kop to buy and wear a Uruguayn national team shirt.

<guffaw to infinity>

THE TROUBLED LUIS SUAREZ...

Just some observations from his career so far...

The youth team coach of Nacional warns him over drinking and partying

In a 5 game spell in january for Groningen gets 3 yellow cards and 1 red.

Gets sent off on senior debut for Uruguay in february.

Brings Groningen to a dutch court of arbitration for not accepting Ajax's transfer fee of 3.5 mil, the court rules against him and ajax increase the fee to 7.5 mil which is then accepted by Groningen.

Recieves 7th yellow card of the season for ajax and gets suspended.

Receives suspention from Ajax for fighting with his own team mate Albert Luque over who would take a free kick.

Bites PSV's Otman Bakkal on the shoulder and gets a 2 game suspention from his club Ajax and a 7 game suspention from the dutch FA, later releases an apology video via his facebook page.

Cheats ghana out of a semi final place in the world cup with a blatant hand ball on the line then releases a statement ' I made the save of the tournament...'

The Rodwell Incident...

Recieves 40k fine and 8 game ban after being found guilty of racially abusing patrice evra.

just saying, he's a bit of a hot head like...

It's still ON!

Today's Echo:

"With Suarez also facing another FA charge for an alleged offensive gesture made to Fulham fans recently, there are real concerns that a witch hunt is being conducted against Liverpool FC."

The Echo really do love it. They're like the propaganda wing of libpoolfootballclublad.

There's another 800 threads on this chap somewhere surely, he doesn't play for Everton either BK

What did happen or that hen night? Did you bum that fox?

Fair play Bruce. I myself don't think what Suarez has or hasn't done is punishable by death. But it IS unacceptable in football. I hate that it's worse to racially insult a black person than it is to insult a white person, but that's just the way it is and Suarez is having to deal with that. I don't hate Suarez for making a stupid remark about Evra, I hate him because he is the biggest **** the premierleague has ever seen. WORSE than Diouf for me. At least Diouf was funny at times. Even if it was for being an unbelievable prick. The real thing for me is the way LFC fans have reacted. They are literally foaming. Coming up with all sorts of excuses why he did say what he said, or denying it completely. Just sit back, and munch the popcorn.

Of course it's unacceptable and it's a sad person that uses such language as an insult. It's the mass over-reaction that gets me. You could get a thug come out on Saturday and break a players leg and only get three games, yet a silly throw away remark gets 8. It's madness. These are words, nothing more.

I mean who in this day and age gives a **** what colour people are? You don't see these kind of ructions amongst Asian folks. I mean just remind yourself of all the **** posted on Twitter when Li Tie did the FA Cup draw. As far as I can tell there wasn't really a big song and dance, people just accepted the knobheads for what they were and pitied them rather than got angry with them. Would it have been the same if the slurs were because someone was black? I reckon not.

Just seems to be a massive chip on some shoulders. Lots of non-white races have done, and continue to do incredibly well in Britain. That in itself suggests racism is far from a big issue. That there are so many non-white players in the British game suggests it certainly isn't a problem in football. I know people are revelling in Liverpool baiting but lets get real here.

I dare say this case hasn't gone to an actual court of law because it wouldn't hold any water at all and the judge would bang both their heads together and tell them to grow up and stop wasting his time. It's just a pity that such a non-event has been blown up into something so obsurdly massive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back