• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Balotelli "tweet" was something I read in a RAWK thread, they treated it like gospel and were like "he's got a point that Mario kid" lol!

Seriously though, someone let that guy on Twitter, it would be tremendous.

Balotelli on Twitter would indeed be tremendous.

He'd cause absolute carnage. It'd be wonderful.

This does seem like a bit of a stitch up to me. After all it was Evra's word against Suarez's wasn't it? Both men seemed to use racial insults against each other. Tell them to stop being such big girls and get on with it.

I just don't get why racial insults have such cause for rankor. I bet you could call someone a yid and nary an eyelid would be batted. Call someone a [Poor language removed] though and there's complete uproar. Both are insulting terms. Both are against people with a strong recent history of discrimination. Both are terms made about something people can do nothing about.

For the record I don't like the idea of insulting anyone in anyway, so I certainly don't condone it, but FFS, how can us fans get on any kind of moral high ground given the insults that flow from the terraces each week?

Alot of fans take their lead from the clubs they follow, that's why the kick it out campaign was a success. I'm sorry to say that Evra is going to get some awful stick from the Kopites when he next plays there because LFC have portrayed him as the villain.

Suarez is being portrayed as the victim.

I wonder whether the Ref actually gave a secret indication that he heard it to. Secret because the FA don't want him to get the same stick as Evra...speculation.

Had Kopite epicness on facebook last night. After a few well written posts I broke him down to this, 'If there is evidence and I see it, I'll accept it but untill then wind it in and stop being a prick'.

It's as if there wasn't a panel of judges assessing the case. They really are showing their true colours here. Spectacularly so. It just frustrates me that we will never be able to make the sound ones SEE what they are like. No other club in the world has fans with such a victim mentality, such a 'we are bigger and better than you' attitude. I really do believe that they bounce off eachother and are nurtured into the way they act when things go bad for them. Would any club have had a statement so unprofessional on their official website?

This does seem like a bit of a stitch up to me. After all it was Evra's word against Suarez's wasn't it? Both men seemed to use racial insults against each other. Tell them to stop being such big girls and get on with it.

I just don't get why racial insults have such cause for rankor. I bet you could call someone a yid and nary an eyelid would be batted. Call someone a [Poor language removed] though and there's complete uproar. Both are insulting terms. Both are against people with a strong recent history of discrimination. Both are terms made about something people can do nothing about.

For the record I don't like the idea of insulting anyone in anyway, so I certainly don't condone it, but FFS, how can us fans get on any kind of moral high ground given the insults that flow from the terraces each week?

Fair play Bruce. I myself don't think what Suarez has or hasn't done is punishable by death. But it IS unacceptable in football. I hate that it's worse to racially insult a black person than it is to insult a white person, but that's just the way it is and Suarez is having to deal with that. I don't hate Suarez for making a stupid remark about Evra, I hate him because he is the biggest **** the premierleague has ever seen. WORSE than Diouf for me. At least Diouf was funny at times. Even if it was for being an unbelievable prick. The real thing for me is the way LFC fans have reacted. They are literally foaming. Coming up with all sorts of excuses why he did say what he said, or denying it completely. Just sit back, and munch the popcorn.

Many of the terms used as racial insults against black people these days were in common use for centuries and were used to degrade and dehumanise, and racial slurs against whites, while still not acceptable in any way, don't have the same kind of baggage. This is why it's different.

Many of the terms used as racial insults against black people these days were in common use for centuries and were used to degrade and dehumanise, and racial slurs against whites, while still not acceptable in any way, don't have the same kind of baggage. This is why it's different.

Racial slurs either way should be treated the same. you are going down a very slippery slope if you start saying one persons feelings is more important than another.

Racial slurs either way should be treated the same. you are going down a very slippery slope if you start saying one persons feelings is more important than another.

That isn't what I was saying.

I was explaining why racial slurs against black people are more of a sensitive issue than those against white people. These things don't exist in a vacuum.

Talksport are going to extraordinary lengths to defend Suarez this morning. I realise they try to purposely stoke the fires to get callers and listeners but Alan Brazil should be ashamed to look himself in the mirror with the garbage he's spouted today.

Luis plans to fight this

396396_10150433007511674_588931673_8927658_1118297673_n.jpg

Talksport are going to extraordinary lengths to defend Suarez this morning. I realise they try to purposely stoke the fires to get callers and listeners but Alan Brazil should be ashamed to look himself in the mirror with the garbage he's spouted today.

Brazil, Durham, Quinn are all cretins who talk nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back