• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
All singing from the same hymnsheet. LFC are backing themselves into a very tight corner on this in all seriousness.. It could be a watershed moment for them.

I really do think they have to distance themselves from their convicted racist now. They must know they've miscalculated by backing him to the hilt. That's what led to this disastrous statement. I reckon Henry and Werner will be giving the order to back off from the outrageous reacton and trying to minimize the organizational damage.

Why are you annoyed?

Your star player has been found guilty of disgusting racism so why are you annoyed that he has been banned? Do you think your players should be accorded special privileges? Do you think racism isn't serious? Explain your annoyance as it doesn't make sense.

Cheers.

I'm annoyed that he's gotten himself in to this situation and hindered the club as a whole. There wasn't any suggestion of me saying the verdict was wrong.

I really do think they have to distance themselves from their convicted racist now. They must know they've miscalculated by backing him to the hilt. That's what led to this disastrous statement. I reckon Henry and Werner will be giving the order to back off from the outrageous reacton and trying to minimize the organizational damage.

It's a bit late now the horse has bolted the stable with the gate wide open - what with 264,025,231 people lapping it up on the OS & RAWK don't ya know! They are just going to have to blow another £35M on another minority bloke with a dodgy haircut & a penchant for behaving badly (probably to replace another departing World Cup star) to placate the media frenzy now & demonstrate that not only can anyone play for them but they needn't necessarily be a footballer either.....

Dalglish isn't coming out of this looking very well at all. He leapt in before thinking.

The scum he represents (In England) didn't count on City displacing them long term and suddenly they are on the cold shoulder of the decision makers.

They have been bleating about referees and organisational decisions for years. Chickens to roost.

The scum he represents (In England) didn't count on City displacing them long term and suddenly they are on the cold shoulder of the decision makers.

They have been bleating about referees and organisational decisions for years. Chickens to roost.

Turkeys as well (seasonably appropriate)

I still rate Andy Carroll but I think the main issue is he doesn't suit Liverpool's football. I think there's a real chance he could come good but at the same time he could bottle it.

I wish me and mine were chowing down to a £35 million overweight rapist Turkey like they have strutting around over there.

I'm annoyed that he's gotten himself in to this situation and hindered the club as a whole. There wasn't any suggestion of me saying the verdict was wrong.

Encouraging. I wonder are there many of your fans who are of similar opinion. Especially given the official stance by the club. Is this verdict going to split your fanbase ?

I still rate Andy Carroll but I think the main issue is he doesn't suit Liverpool's football. I think there's a real chance he could come good but at the same time he could bottle it.

He hasn't been playing like how he was at Newcastle but I think far too many have wrote him off too early. He could still come good, unfortunately I think he'll always be tied down by that price tag which wasn't his fault.

Obviously I want him to be a massive flop but you get what I'm saying.

My outburst towards my friend Antonio the other night was wrong - he actually seems an alright lad.

Antonio, if you're listening, I love you.

Didnt Gary Neville, Ashley Cole and Wayne Rooney all get charged with doing stuff to the crowds/gestures/swearing etc?

Didn't Jamie Carragher throw a metal objest at women and children and get off lightly because he was supposedly an England Centre Back.

Nags like him get put down, how he has treaded water with no talent and no charm for a day let alone a career is something for the philosophers of the ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back