• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
From RAWK

Tomorrow night is officially bring a Uruguay flag night!!!

Lets get behind the lad and let the rest of the country know what we think of this pathetic decision!

YNWA

I do believe it will make LFC stronger because, despite the outcome (unless my half of knowledge is way off the mark) LFC and Luis hold the moral high ground on this one and yet again Evra comes across as a childish, petulant chancer who takes more offence from the light words of others than that which comes from his own mouth.

Terrible. I think this has actually set any fight against racism backwards.

How can they write those articles without the full report even having been published or the outcome of any potential appeal decided? Utterly ridiculous. If part of the sanction does get overturned on appeal those 'journalists' had better be prepared to issue massive apologies.

I meant it in the sense that it's out of character from the official website, which usually just relays facts from other places. It's the first time I've seen something on it that isn't either from another source or impartial.

Ah, so in this situation the fury the racists over at kop HQ have let their guard down and proclaimed their KKK/Nazi/kmher rouge leanings and have confirmed what the world knew anyway in that LFC are social lepers and should be only allowed to feed off each other.

If this was one ours I'd want the book thrown at him and the club to come down on like a ton of bricks

There is no way Everton would be able to get involved, the players would kick any nasty nazi scumbag out of the club before the authorities even got a whiff of it.

Cant buy class.

Luther Blissett raises a good point:

'Luther Blissett, the former Watford and Milan striker who now works as an ambassador for Show Racism the Red Card, raised the prospect of legal action. Blissett said: "If Suárez is found guilty then you have got to look at supporters who have been found guilty of this sort of thing and people have gone to jail for it. If that is the case, you could anticipate the same sort of thing happening to him. You look at his profile, and people label sportsmen in the public eye as a role model, then it is doubly important they do something about it. If he's found guilty of this then he should be treated just like everybody else. You've got to abide by the law of the land. It doesn't matter how much money you have, the law is the law."

Ah, so in this situation the fury the racists over at kop HQ have let their guard down and proclaimed their KKK/Nazi/kmher rouge leanings and have confirmed what the world knew anyway in that LFC are social lepers and should be only allowed to feed off each other.

Nailed it.

'Luther Blissett, the former Watford and Milan striker who now works as an ambassador for Show Racism the Red Card, raised the prospect of legal action. Blissett said: "If Suárez is found guilty then you have got to look at supporters who have been found guilty of this sort of thing and people have gone to jail for it. If that is the case, you could anticipate the same sort of thing happening to him. You look at his profile, and people label sportsmen in the public eye as a role model, then it is doubly important they do something about it. If he's found guilty of this then he should be treated just like everybody else. You've got to abide by the law of the land. It doesn't matter how much money you have, the law is the law."

That's a fair point, although I think it's against CPS policy to prosecute an individual for an offence relating to sport where the organisation involved has already dealt with the matter. On the other hand we are supposed to find out if John Terry will face charges tomorrow, which could set precedent.
The FA can't act against Terry until any possible criminal case has been heard or the CPS say that they won't be prosecuting.

The Independent Regulatory Commission announced its decision on 20 December 2011, which is as follows:

1. Mr Suarez used insulting words towards Mr Evra during the match contrary to FA Rule E3(1);

2. the insulting words used by Mr Suarez included a reference to Mr Evra's colour within the meaning of Rule E3(2);

3. Mr Suarez shall be warned as to his future conduct, be suspended for eight matches covering all first team competitive matches and fined the sum of £40,000;

4. the [penalty] is suspended pending the outcome of any appeal lodged by Mr Suarez against this decision.

"Mr Suarez has the right to appeal the decision of the Independent Regulatory Commission to an Appeal Board. An appeal must be lodged within 14 days of the date of the written reasons for the decision.

"The penalty is suspended until after the outcome of any appeal, or the time for appealing expires, or should Mr Suarez decide not to appeal. The reason for this is to ensure that the penalty does not take effect before any appeal so that Mr Suarez has an effective right of appeal."

The top one is spot on.

Loving the paranoid revisionism in the comments. A lot of them have tried a media PR blanket and for once it hasn't worked.

They're miserable little voices are being drowned out by a sea of righteous fury from right-minded people everywhere. They cant stand that, they ALWAYS have to be the ones in the positive light. It really is superb watching them on their arses as a public relations entity. the more they struggle, the worse it gets.

racistcatisu128461483088281250.jpg

That's a fair point, although I think it's against CPS policy to prosecute an individual for an offence relating to sport where the organisation involved has already dealt with the matter. On the other hand we are supposed to find out if John Terry will face charges tomorrow, which could set precedent.
The FA can't act against Terry until any possible criminal case has been heard or the CPS say that they won't be prosecuting.

I see. That's a pity. He should be banged up in Walton, but this will have to do!

So they've thrown the book at him, ****ing hell. Annoyed but not surprised, at least half of them are easy games.

Why are you annoyed?

Your star player has been found guilty of disgusting racism so why are you annoyed that he has been banned? Do you think your players should be accorded special privileges? Do you think racism isn't serious? Explain your annoyance as it doesn't make sense.

Cheers.

Want to agree but I cant. No Footballer anywhere makes themself a bastion of virtue or any sort of positive role model. That is a Rupert Murdoch media habit - and we all know what he and they are like in actuality. Suarez was kop scum when he played in Holland, he has maintained that level of inbred scum smegma waste of life class. At least he hasn't tried to move up in the world and elbow pubic lice out of his way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back