• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha ha ha the toys are really flying out of the pram now.They thought they were going to smash us 5-0, but instead we went to Anfield and strangled the life out of them.Since Sunday we've had Klopp Aldo and John Barnes going into meltdown mode.lol I think Big Sam is the first manager we have had since Joe Royle, to really rattle their cage and get under their noses.I also like the way Big Sam responded to Carras taunting and goading.There's now a sense of a don't eff with us attitude, with regards to Liverpool.I really feel that we've dealt Liverpool a psychological blow, ahead of the FA Cup game in January.
I agree. @Adam-GOTTV and I (and Jim) spoke about this on the latest pod also.

Remember that game it was pi55y knickers Dalglish fist game back in charge, he spent the last 5 minutes of the game swearing at wenger, heads falling off even when they win, a must for all rs management.
Lucas Leiva once 'won' a penalty against Arsenal when he stopped running so that eboue, who was chasing him, ran into his back. They all thought that was a pen at the time, so what's changed I wonder?

Calvert Lewins had more merit as well, seeing as he had control of the ball (Leiva didn't) and he was actually pushed.

He is a good manager, but at the same time he is dangerously flawed. I don’t know if it’s ego, stupidity or a requirement to be “different”. He will never be close to top class though.

Ha ha ha the toys are really flying out of the pram now.They thought they were going to smash us 5-0, but instead we went to Anfield and strangled the life out of them.Since Sunday we've had Klopp Aldo and John Barnes going into meltdown mode.lol I think Big Sam is the first manager we have had since Joe Royle, to really rattle their cage and get under their noses.I also like the way Big Sam responded to Carras taunting and goading.There's now a sense of a don't eff with us attitude, with regards to Liverpool.I really feel that we've dealt Liverpool a psychological blow, ahead of the FA Cup game in January.
I get the funny side of it all and it is great to see the kick offs from it. .

I personally haven't forgotten though that we turned up and and conceded they were the better team, yes here comes misery arse.

Even during the 90s we turned up and gave them a game , even relegation seasons we still had a bit of passion. Seems it's easily forgotten by a lot of people thst we were embarrassing to turn up and do that and seems not to be noticed that the rivalry in the city has fallen to the point where a 90 minute all out hope for the best and hoof it to no-one is deemed acceptable

This isn't in reply to your post mate, just kinda alluded to what I mean. But we got a point out of pure luck and it's amazing people forget how pathetic the desire to win the game was , even taking off a striker to put more men behind the ball even when losing.

We may not have stood a chance against them but is this it for the derby now? Pretty much hold them off for 90 minutes and pray they don't score too many?

I personally haven't forgotten though that we turned up and and conceded they were the better team, yes here comes misery arse.

Even during the 90s we turned up and gave them a game , even relegation seasons we still had a bit of passion. Seems it's easily forgotten by a lot of people thst we were embarrassing to turn up and do that and seems not to be noticed that the rivalry in the city has fallen to the point where a 90 minute all out hope for the best and hoof it to no-one is deemed acceptable

This isn't in reply to your post mate, just kinda alluded to what I mean. But we got a point out of pure luck and it's amazing people forget how pathetic the desire to win the game was , even taking off a striker to put more men behind the ball even when losing.

We may not have stood a chance against them but is this it for the derby now? Pretty much hold them off for 90 minutes and pray they don't score too many?
This is the start of our ascent. In 30 years they'll be talking about the Klopp meltdown as if it was Adrian Heath slotting against Oxford.

(God help us for Big Sam mk2 and mk3 mind you.)

In the context of how bad, we have been since August under both Koeman and Unsworth, i thought it was a very satisfactory result.A few weeks ago everyone and anyone was beating us, and in some cases smashing us.So in that context, i was very happy with the performance.It was a case of cutting our cloth to measure.Under Koeman or Unsworth, we would have been smashed off the park.The result and performance, has to be placed in a certain context.Based on how bad we have been in the past couple of months.

Circumstances though. Put Bolasie Barkley McCarthy Funes Mori and Coleman in that team. Now take 5 of Liverpool’s first team out: Mane Coutinho Henderson, Lovren Gomez. Now have us 2 and a half seasons into a managers philosophy coming into the game in top form. They’re 3 games into a new managerial tenure. Oh and the game is at Goodison.

Yeah, the performance and outcome might just be a bit different mightn’t it.

Every card possible was stacked against Allardyce yet he found a way to get a result and boil a few Kopite heads. The performance people are looking for (the one where with half a first team missing we go away to a side that has only conceded 2 all season at home and utterly dismantle them) was probably close to impossible given the circumstances.

We could have ‘had a go’ and we’d be sat here talking about another 4-0 loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back