• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are 11 points behind Liverpool and we have been genuinely awful for most, if not all, of the season.

Contrast that with Liverpool who are 16 points behind City and they are being lauded as having the best attack in the Premier League despite scoring 16 goals less than City.

I don't really know who that speaks worse to..

City are on a different planet to Liverpool. There’s some RS and media people who still believe Liverpool were going to beat City if it hadn’t have been for Mane’s red. They were already 1 down when he was sent off. Notice how no one will refer to that game without saying ‘10 men Liverpool’ as though all the other games involving a red card don’t matter.

0-0 v United at home
1-1 with Chelsea at home
Lost 4-1 away at Spurs
Lost 5-0 away at City
Won 4-0 v Arsenal

5 points out of 15 against the rest of the top 6 with three of the games at home. So much for the top 6 mini league they spent all last year banging on about. Chuck in the fact that they couldn’t even beat us at home or Sevilla home or away and it’s becoming apparent that an injury ravaged Arsenal are the only decent side they’ve beaten all season.

Pumping dross like Brighton and Spartak Moscow has covered up a completely average campaign so far. City aside the rest of the top 6 are playing poorly in the league yet are still in and around der red men with der best attack in Europe.

One proper team in the CL and a bit of January fatigue and Klopp’s season and probably his tenure at Liverpool will unravel right in front of us.

Having a look over on Rawk, haven't seen one poser address their managers melt down.

They interpreted it a little differently

It's really f****** weird just how much the press try and lay into Klopp. He's not perfect but he's a colossal character and coaches some of the best footie in this league. You'd think they'd be desperate to keep these kind of people in the English game, but it seems they'd love nothing more than for him to pack his bags and move back to Germany.

He's a colossal something for sure

Lucas Leiva once 'won' a penalty against Arsenal when he stopped running so that eboue, who was chasing him, ran into his back. They all thought that was a pen at the time, so what's changed I wonder?

Calvert Lewins had more merit as well, seeing as he had control of the ball (Leiva didn't) and he was actually pushed.

I watched the game last night as couldn’t bare to on Sunday. 17 minutes in, DCL fouls Lovren in the middle of the pitch EXACTLY the same as the pen. EXACTLY the same!

Lovren screams foul.
DCL gives a shake of the head

Foul and free kick given, and everyone gets on with it.

Look at the state of their manager and fan base when the foul is reversed.

I proper fkin hate that shower and I’m glad the mask has slipped again and showing them what they are. Horrible cultists.

I get the funny side of it all and it is great to see the kick offs from it. .

I personally haven't forgotten though that we turned up and and conceded they were the better team, yes here comes misery arse.

Even during the 90s we turned up and gave them a game , even relegation seasons we still had a bit of passion. Seems it's easily forgotten by a lot of people thst we were embarrassing to turn up and do that and seems not to be noticed that the rivalry in the city has fallen to the point where a 90 minute all out hope for the best and hoof it to no-one is deemed acceptable

This isn't in reply to your post mate, just kinda alluded to what I mean. But we got a point out of pure luck and it's amazing people forget how pathetic the desire to win the game was , even taking off a striker to put more men behind the ball even when losing.

We may not have stood a chance against them but is this it for the derby now? Pretty much hold them off for 90 minutes and pray they don't score too many?

Not really, the likes of Bolasie & Barkley (if he stays, would be able to run with the ball which would set us up better on the counter

upload_2017-12-13_10-4-32.webp

upload_2017-12-13_10-4-44.webp

upload_2017-12-13_10-5-4.webp

upload_2017-12-13_10-5-24.webp

Liverpool have dropped points in the league 8 times this season, above are 4 times that he has blamed the referee for them not getting the full 3 ponnts (Newcastle 1-1, Man U 0-0, Burnley 1-1 & Chelsea 1-1)
Throw in the Watford 3-3 when he moaned about the guy being offside or something for watfords 3rd goal, the Man city 5-0 where if Mane hadnt been sent off they would of won (despite being 1 nil down) and our draw with them on Sunday, that is 7 out of the 8 games the referee has been at fault (in klopps opinion anyway) for Liverpool not winning there games (Spurs 4-1 is the only one i couldnt find anything).
Also bear in mind that Kloppo thought the Mignolet foul when Diouf was through on goal was the correct decision to only give him a yellow it seems that all referee's good decisions are based on if they are in liverpools favour or not

Anyone see a pattern emerging here?

View attachment 42812

View attachment 42813

View attachment 42814

View attachment 42815

Liverpool have dropped points in the league 8 times this season, above are 4 times that he has blamed the referee for them not getting the full 3 ponnts (Newcastle 1-1, Man U 0-0, Burnley 1-1 & Chelsea 1-1)
Throw in the Watford 3-3 when he moaned about the guy being offside or something for watfords 3rd goal, the Man city 5-0 where if Mane hadnt been sent off they would of won (despite being 1 nil down) and our draw with them on Sunday, that is 7 out of the 8 games the referee has been at fault (in klopps opinion anyway) for Liverpool not winning there games (Spurs 4-1 is the only one i couldnt find anything).
Also bear in mind that Kloppo thought the Mignolet foul when Diouf was through on goal was the correct decision to only give him a yellow it seems that all referee's good decisions are based on if they are in liverpools favour or not

Anyone see a pattern emerging here?
Didn't they also claim that Mane should not have walked for the GBH of the keeper?

Didn't they also claim that Mane should not have walked for the GBH of the keeper?

Yeah in planet LFC they would have beaten City (despite being 1 down) if it wasn’t for the conspiracy against them that gave Mane a red card so that game will forever have an asterix against it and must be referred to as ‘10 man Liverpool’ . If it wasn’t for that then they would have certainly been the only team to live with City this season. Back in reality they got absolutely caned even when it was 11 v 11 and the only team who have given City a game this season was us.

Lolling that their Everton thread is locked. In the future, when the last of the independent football forums have all died out and people are human batteries for some digital hive mind, this thread will still stand, open and welcoming, like a warm, glowing inn on a distant hill
Ironically the rs would never take the red pill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back