2021/22 Ellis Simms

Status
Not open for further replies.
The likelihood is that Hearts will try to keep him on loan next season for European group stage football as well as domestically pushing for silverware. It’s great experience for Simms playing at a packed-out Tynecastle rather than going into Everton reserves or on loan to some middling club like MK Dons or the like.

Probably after then, Everton can make the call and decide if he’s going to get a shot at the first team or do Hearts start negotiating a permanent transfer like we did with Beni Baningime.

Big Simms is still a little raw, but I think he had outstanding traits already and tremendous potential. Just needs to polish up on decision-making and refine his finishing.

Personally never Everton level, even if we go down, we should just sell, get some money in and let the lad forge his career. We hold onto our kids for too long.

Personally never Everton level, even if we go down, we should just sell, get some money in and let the lad forge his career. We hold onto our kids for too long.

….if he wasn’t utilised in the last 18 months, it’s hard to see him having a future with us. Saying that, he must surely have been a better option than Rondon. Those last 30 minutes at Brentford when we desperately needed a goal, balls flying across the area, Rondon unable to get close yet Simms and Dobbin remained on the bench.

Lampard might want to have a look (remember he brought Zouma back for pre-season at Chelsea), but it’s more likely Simms is in the shop window.

….if he wasn’t utilised in the last 18 months, it’s hard to see him having a future with us. Saying that, he must surely have been a better option than Rondon. Those last 30 minutes at Brentford when we desperately needed a goal, balls flying across the area, Rondon unable to get close yet Simms and Dobbin remained on the bench.

Lampard might want to have a look (remember he brought Zouma back for pre-season at Chelsea), but it’s more likely Simms is in the shop window.

He might want a look but he seems to already have his favourites.

He might want a look but he seems to already have his favourites.

….I hope he’s learning that busy players aren’t always effective players. Delighted Kenny and Holgate were missing against United. Very disappointed by some of his Lampard’s team selections, they have certainly contributed to our demise.

….I hope he’s learning that busy players aren’t always effective players. Delighted Kenny and Holgate were missing against United. Very disappointed by some of his Lampard’s team selections, they have certainly contributed to our demise.

Well rumours going round Kenny will be offered a new deal so I think if that happens we know he's maybe not the manager we wanted.

He could well become a backup striker. If our finances are tight and we sell DCL, we will need to buy a replacement, but Simms could fulfill a backup role. After all, he wouldn’t cost us anything.

Dobbin is probably still too raw and needs a loan or two.

Well rumours going round Kenny will be offered a new deal so I think if that happens we know he's maybe not the manager we wanted.
It depends how much money we will have to spend. He is a low cost back up option. I’m ok with that. Patterson should challenge Coleman next season for the right back position. Kenny would be cover.

He could well become a backup striker. If our finances are tight and we sell DCL, we will need to buy a replacement, but Simms could fulfill a backup role. After all, he wouldn’t cost us anything.

Dobbin is probably still too raw and needs a loan or two.

…I see Dobbin as more polished than Simms, the last thing I would do is send a youngster with no experience of open-age football into the lower leagues under a manager who is more interested in points than developing a talent.

Sounds easy saying ‘send him on loan’ but I doubt he’d get much game time. He’s also very small framed, I’d much prefer him finishing his growth here.

…I see Dobbin as more polished than Simms, the last thing I would do is send a youngster with no experience of open-age football into the lower leagues under a manager who is more interested in points than developing a talent.

Sounds easy saying ‘send him on loan’ but I doubt he’d get much game time. He’s also very small framed, I’d much prefer him finishing his growth here.
That’s fine, but he won’t get any first team experience here.

Simms is doing well for Hearts and I am certain he will be ahead of Dobbin in the pecking order.

Patterson, Mykolenko and Coleman are ahead of him. He would be cover. If not him then we would have to get someone else who is willing to bench warm. I doubt they would be up to much if they are brought in for that purpose.

I know perfectly well that he isn’t a first choice fullback, but I am also realistic about how we afford a squad with sufficient depth. Our money will have to go into a CB, ha few central mid fielders and probably two forwards to replace DCL and Richarlison.

Patterson, Mykolenko and Coleman are ahead of him. He would be cover. If not him then we would have to get someone else who is willing to bench warm. I doubt they would be up to much if they are brought in for that purpose.

I know perfectly well that he isn’t a first choice fullback, but I am also realistic about how we afford a squad with sufficient depth. Our money will have to go into a CB, ha few central mid fielders and probably two forwards to replace DCL and Richarlison.

Patterson, Coleman, Mykolenko, Nkounkou

Why offer someone as bad as Kenny a new deal? Yet another player we can't shift on.

Status
Not open for further replies.