2021/22 Ellis Simms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would the others be burying them regularly in the SPL though, that’s what you’ve got to consider. As others have said, I’m not sure he has the all round game to succeed here, but he’s probably not a million miles away and I feel like he could still be a useful sub.

He looks a good finisher. His record is not fantastic though, but that isnt always critical.

The issue is, is that Tosun was a good finisher too, but getting chances is the issue. That would be my concern.

I thought he did well at Chelsea away though in the game he played here.

Sell him with a buyback clause & a max return fee like Barca did with Gerry on us.

That would be the prime scenario for me with most of our ‘good enough for the SPL’ (9th best league in Europe) young lads
This is it for me would be good to cash in while we can on him. Better for him to get games instead of not getting chances here

His millwall spell was hardly mediocre. 1 in 3 in the championship at 18 is pretty impressive.

And sometimes it doesnt happen. It didnt happen for Kane at Norwich. But one cant just assume if someone has a similar spell theres a Harry Kane in there. 99.9% of the time there wont be.

And sometimes it doesnt happen. It didnt happen for Kane at Norwich. But one cant just assume if someone has a similar spell theres a Harry Kane in there. 99.9% of the time there wont be.
True, but the point is unless he gets a chance then we will never know.

His record is currently a 1 in 3 striker from his league football loan record. He is better than 1 in 2 at under 23 level and is probably the most prolific striker we have had at that level in a long time.

He needs to be given a run in the team at some point, simple as..

If we are selling DCL in the summer this guy can come in and show us what he is made of

If relegated get him back. If not keep him at Hearts. In Europe, should be banging goals in for fun up there. Actually watched the game yesterday and apart from his goal he didn't do much. Not overly pacey. Held ball up quite well. His lack of pace in the Prem would be his undoing in my view.

Hearts fan here and by reading some of the comments about Simms, I’m unsure that some posters have even seen him play?

He is rapid for a start, so that debunks the “lack of pace” myth immediately. He’s not unbelievably agile but not many players are with his size and build. Certainly quite raw but seems to be getting better and better every week. Has missed a few big chances but seems to get most of his shots on target as opposed to blazing them over or consistently hitting them wide. He’s been unlucky to not score more during his time at the club. Bare in mind, he’s just scored against Celtic who’d beat most teams 8th and below in the prem. You should watch the cup final on the 21st to see how he gets on against the Europa League finalists.

Has handled the big pressure of playing for Hearts well, a pressure that I doubt he’d be under at many other clubs in the UK in relation to fan demands. He actually comes across very relaxed and composed, considering he is 21 and playing for a big team I think that’s pretty impressive, especially since joining mid-season in January.

In terms of making it for Everton, I’m really not sure as from a personal standpoint I think the English Premier League is very overrated standard wise, bar a few clubs. The tempo of the game is undeniably faster and more intense up in Scotland and Simms has adapted well from the change in styles. Maybe a squad option for Everton but due to the amount of money in the game, I’d guess he’ll be surplus to requirements. Unsure if we could afford him financially both in transfer fee and wages. Hopefully could come to some sort of buyback option at a cut price fee. Ideally a loan next season as opposed to him taking a step-down to join an English Championship club.

He has good movement but can also hold the ball up. I like that he has been instructed by Neilson to stay central most of the time, but he does have the ability to make runs into the channels. With Simms in the side, his presence and link-up play opens up space for our more creative players.

Overall, I think he’d be worth getting a chance in pre-season but from a selfish POV, hopefully he is back at Tynecastle next season, or he can win us the Scottish Cup next season.

True, but the point is unless he gets a chance then we will never know.

His record is currently a 1 in 3 striker from his league football loan record. He is better than 1 in 2 at under 23 level and is probably the most prolific striker we have had at that level in a long time.

He needs to be given a run in the team at some point, simple as..

I'm not sure that record on loan demands he's given a go though.

Hearts fan here and by reading some of the comments about Simms, I’m unsure that some posters have even seen him play?

He is rapid for a start, so that debunks the “lack of pace” myth immediately. He’s not unbelievably agile but not many players are with his size and build. Certainly quite raw but seems to be getting better and better every week. Has missed a few big chances but seems to get most of his shots on target as opposed to blazing them over or consistently hitting them wide. He’s been unlucky to not score more during his time at the club. Bare in mind, he’s just scored against Celtic who’d beat most teams 8th and below in the prem. You should watch the cup final on the 21st to see how he gets on against the Europa League finalists.

Has handled the big pressure of playing for Hearts well, a pressure that I doubt he’d be under at many other clubs in the UK in relation to fan demands. He actually comes across very relaxed and composed, considering he is 21 and playing for a big team I think that’s pretty impressive, especially since joining mid-season in January.

In terms of making it for Everton, I’m really not sure as from a personal standpoint I think the English Premier League is very overrated standard wise, bar a few clubs. The tempo of the game is undeniably faster and more intense up in Scotland and Simms has adapted well from the change in styles. Maybe a squad option for Everton but due to the amount of money in the game, I’d guess he’ll be surplus to requirements. Unsure if we could afford him financially both in transfer fee and wages. Hopefully could come to some sort of buyback option at a cut price fee. Ideally a loan next season as opposed to him taking a step-down to join an English Championship club.

He has good movement but can also hold the ball up. I like that he has been instructed by Neilson to stay central most of the time, but he does have the ability to make runs into the channels. With Simms in the side, his presence and link-up play opens up space for our more creative players.

Overall, I think he’d be worth getting a chance in pre-season but from a selfish POV, hopefully he is back at Tynecastle next season, or he can win us the Scottish Cup next season.
How did Baningime do for you mate? A few years ago when he was just 17 I thought he was going to be a standout player. But he was ostracised under Allardyce and then got a couple of back to back injuries and his career completely stalled.

How did Baningime do for you mate? A few years ago when he was just 17 I thought he was going to be a standout player. But he was ostracised under Allardyce and then got a couple of back to back injuries and his career completely stalled.
Beni is an absolute baller. Unfortunately he is out long term until around January next year, which I think sums up his career a bit and which is why Hearts were able to get him.

He started off really well but dipped a bit towards the November / December time just because I think he was a bit burn out due to the amount of football that he was playing. Ended up getting injured at Christmas, missed circa 2 months, came back and looked back to his best but unfortunately got a freak ACL injury (I think it’s ACL anyways) against Motherwell at Tynecastle.

To summarise, I can tell he is a great talent and he has shown it a lot already for Hearts, but he has been blighted by injuries. Still a player who I think we can make money on, and he is a massive step-up in comparison to what we have had over the past few years. Just needs a bit of luck when it comes to staying fit!

Amok achiebe bakayoko that's his name. Predictive text came up with the first 2 thought it was ideal so I added the latter. It did come up with achieve but thought achiebe was better

Status
Not open for further replies.