Transfer Rumour Emmanuel Dennis

Status
Not open for further replies.
At Brugge he was refused bereavement leave for his dad dying and at Watford they refused to allow him to go to AFCON. Maybe he needs a bit more of an arm round the shoulder and clubs to not treat him like a robot but rather a 24 year old

Brother but point still stands. Thats poor from the club, he lost his brother unexpectedly in an accident in December 2020 and was packed off to Cologne in Jan 2021. Who knows where his head was after that. People grieve in different ways, maybe it took him a while to get over it.

As for him falling off a cliff at Watford, it was towards the end of a long season (Richy done the same there) plus they stopped him going to AFCON, which is massive for African players.

I wonder how Richy would have been if we denied him the Olympics??

I think the reputation is unwarranted to be honest.

Last edited:
Brother but point still stands. Thats poor from the club, he lost his brother unexpectedly in an accident in December 2020 and was packed off to Cologne in Jan 2021. Who knows where his head was after that. People grieve in different ways, maybe it took him a while to get over it.

As for him falling off a cliff at Watford, it was towards the end of a long season (Richy done the same there) plus they stopped him going to AFCON, which is massive for African players.

I wonder how Richy would have been if we denied him the Olympics??

I think the reputation is unwarranted to be honest.

"As for him falling off a cliff at Watford, it was towards the end of a long season"

Well in 2022 he scored 2 and got 1 assist.

He had 2.5 months of good play...10 weeks.

In the rest of his career he never got close to those 2.5 months and he didnt after either.

He was signed for £3mil for a reason. Does 2.5months suddenly make him worth £10mil+ ?

£15mil+ ?

£20mil+ ?

Absolutely not.

Roy Hodgson has something to do with Dennis’ drop in form but the wider view on his less than impressive prior career is fair comment. He’d be a gamble but we do not have the ability to shop even in the middle of the market.

Roy Hodgson has something to do with Dennis’ drop in form but the wider view on his less than impressive prior career is fair comment. He’d be a gamble but we do not have the ability to shop even in the middle of the market.
Not so sure he would be a gamble, a gamble is wasting money on overseas dross nobody has ever heard of but we like his youtube show real and Moshiri and Kia need to move sone money.
It's deals like this we need to get back to.

"While this tag, which has followed the Nigerian to the present day, may come off as harsh, seemingly refusing to get on the bus before a Champions League clash with Borussia Dortmund because his preferred seat was occupied appeared extraordinarily juvenile."

He was dropped and fined after that. Then sent out on loan. Add to the fact him and half the Watford team downed tools in the last month.

It's a no from me.

Falling out or style of play?
I know he fell out with the FC Klon manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back