• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

England's provisional 26 man squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh the ghods! We're doomed!

I can forsee the midfield of Uncreative Milner, Headless chicken Henderson and Run into a clump of players lose the ball and fall flat on your ar$e Wilshere boring Europe to hell and back. Then Wilshire will get injured, as per usual - but rather than shoe in the more exciting Alli or Barkley, he'll be patched up and pushed onto the field immobile.

No Baines is ridiculous - he can take penalties, is the only player in an England shirt who can control a ball hit to him at pace, offers a threat and delivery AND has regained more match fitness than either of Henderson or Wilshere.

No Jags = also a mistake - his experience utterly valuable. Perhaps the hamstring issue dissuaded the boss.

And where's Trevor Steven?

Absolutely

Been one of the best wingers this season

Should definately have made the side

He played really well for us for about 9 games in a row. Which was boss. But like last season I feel his form dropped quite a lot as the season drew near the end. Then add that he has never ever done anything of interest for England before. It's a no from me.

nobody will give hodgson any credit, will they? let's be honest. won every qualifier, beat germany away in a friendly etc ... he's on a hiding to nothing, just like he was at liverpool, i don't agree with the criticism he gets from english fans whatsoever. He's picking players on form from less fancied clubs instead of purely going by reputation like every england boss i remember did ... he gives youth a chance.

just because the english have unrealistic expectations about what to achieve, he shouldn't be vilified for not winning anything.

Because he doesn't deserve credit!!

Under him, England were an embarrassment at the last World Cup, YET he managed to keep his job.

The qualifiers (particularly for the Euros) have a load of gash teams in each group. No surprise we got through. The first decent team Hodgson comes up against, we'll be out.

He was wll on the way to turning the RS into a potential relegation team.

"...Picking players on form from less fancied clubs..." You are joking! Wilshire? Rashford? Henderson? Lallana? Milner? Do me a favour. He's picking his favourites. Why do you think he delayed his selection until today? So he could see if his favourite Jack got through the week-end game, that's why! He wanted desperately to pick someone who has hardly kicked a ball all season!!! Wake up!

Personally, I don't give a toss about the England team, but I look to see what is going on, and time after time, favourites from the big clubs (particularly London clubs) get chosen every time. The last time England had a chance of winning anything was when they could have picked up Brian Clough, and shat out on doing so. And it has been the same ever since. The suits in the FA haven't a clue...

Why isn't Jack Rodwell there?

If we're talking Jack, then Colback needed a recall. It's his time after his great season.

images

Oh ho

Is funny because neither actually deserve to be in squad

Oh Ho Ho!!!

Wingers Hodgson has picked: Lallana, Sterling, Townsend.

Wingers he hasn't: Lennon, Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Albrighton, Antonio.

Meh, is my verdict. I think any 3 out of those 8 will look pretty bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back