• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

England's provisional 26 man squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There aren't that many sides that play with proper wingers anymore, depends which was round you want to put it, did the quality of wingers force clubs to stop playing with them or vice Versa?

fitness i think - it's a lot harder to kick a ball upfield and expect the winger to get the ball first purely because he's so much faster, footballers have just got fitter and of course the advancement in analysis means defenders have much better positional awareness.

There aren't that many sides that play with proper wingers anymore, depends which was round you want to put it, did the quality of wingers force clubs to stop playing with them or vice Versa?

Which incidentally is what I think England should do.

We don't have good enough wingers so play 4-3-3.

Dier, Ali and one other in midfield, Kane in the middle and Sturridge and Vardy out wide.

So take 7 forwards and only 4 or five midfielders

try and outscore everyone, not a bad mentality to have? i just don't really rate wilshere - never have a clue what his role ever is, i don't think he's played enough to justify being thought for selection to be honest

So which 3 do you think will not make the 23?

Delph and Rashford are nailed on to be cut. Not sure about the third.

drinkwater or henderson? know they play the same position as delph. but all those defensive mids aren't needed ... especially when you have wilshere and milner who could cover there.

Can I assume you're very familiar with Albania's squad and are able to explain in detail why you think Amir Abrashi, Migjen Basha, Ervin Bulku, Ergya Kace and Ledian Memuahaj are better than the six you named?

Thanks.

You well wiki'd their squad you fraud.

drinkwater or henderson? know they play the same position as delph. but all those defensive mids aren't needed ... especially when you have wilshere and milner who could cover there.

Yeah that was my feelings too. He's taken Dier, Delph, Drinkwater, Henderson, Wilshere and Milner which is a lot of players.

Wouldn't be too shocked if two of those get dropped. Delph, obviously. Just not sure which of the others would go. Probably Hodgson isn't either.

I am happy for Everton but gutted for Baines and Jagielka that they are not selected. I want as many fresh Everton players as possible.

Also worth noting I honestly believe Barkley will get burnt out and injured. Many forget he is only 22ish and played virtually every game this year.

Yeah that was my feelings too. He's taken Dier, Delph, Drinkwater, Henderson, Wilshere and Milner which is a lot of players.

Wouldn't be too shocked if two of those get dropped. Delph, obviously. Just not sure which of the others would go. probably Hodgson isn't either,

it suggests to me he won't go with the diamond formation that some think will happen, more the 4-2-3-1

Gutted for Jags and Baines that they are excluded for inferior players but as an Evertonian I'm made up they have the summer off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back