• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

England's provisional 26 man squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is but he's been the only player at Newcastle to play even remotely well. And we're really weak on the wings. Mikey's shout to take Lennon is not a terrible one, tbh. But I think Townsend offers more. Antonio or Albrighton are your other options and maybe would have been better but it's the same with Stirling and Lallana, they're in the squad because there's no outstanding wingers playing for England.

i really really like antonio. you're correct with what you say though, the footballing world doesn't really have that many outstanding wingers anymore though in fairness.

Antonio is actually in really good form, as for Wilshere, Henderson and Delph :rant: no wonder we fail at every tournament. Townsend has actually done good at Newcastle so its no surprise really. Rather have Defoe than Rashford right now, future is bright for Rashford though...

Hodgson is as useful as a deck hand on a submarine.

Unfortunately, the RS saw through him and sent him packing. Pity, he could have done really serious damage to them had he stayed a few more months...

He and his team will go the way of all who pick their team/squad based on favourites: nowhere.

i really really like antonio. you're correct with what you say though, the footballing world doesn't really have that many outstanding wingers anymore though in fairness.
There aren't that many sides that play with proper wingers anymore, depends which was round you want to put it, did the quality of wingers force clubs to stop playing with them or vice Versa?

Shouldn't you be worrying about which of wrexhams left backs you're going to pick and leave this debate to the big boys?

ha, was trying to find the post where someone said worst midfield 6 in the comp, we're going to be taking joe ledley in the hope his leg isn't too broken.

our selection pool is absolutely miniscule compared to england's - there's not much to really discuss.

Very very average squad that,one of the worst I've seen and i think these will struggle to get out the group stages.

Disagree mate, the past squads have always been picked on reputation rather than the squad complimenting each other as a team.
Hence the reason Delph, Henderson and Wilshere should be ejected out the plane during mid flight :bye:

At least Jags can recharge his batteries over the Summer and be back properly fit for us in August. We'll need his experience and guidance with the crop of young talent weve got coming through. Anyway... I was disgusted the way the fella was hung out to dry after that Uruguay World Cup debacle when Gerrard set Suarez up with the poor header yet Jags got the blame for the goal. He had the balls to front the post exit press conference too which Skipper Slippy would normally hog. Our gain.

Hodgson is as useful as a deck hand on a submarine.

Unfortunately, the RS saw through him and sent him packing. Pity, he could have done really serious damage to them had he stayed a few more months...

He and his team will go the way of all who pick their team/squad based on favourites: nowhere.

nobody will give hodgson any credit, will they? let's be honest. won every qualifier, beat germany away in a friendly etc ... he's on a hiding to nothing, just like he was at liverpool, i don't agree with the criticism he gets from english fans whatsoever. He's picking players on form from less fancied clubs instead of purely going by reputation like every england boss i remember did ... he gives youth a chance.

just because the english have unrealistic expectations about what to achieve, he shouldn't be vilified for not winning anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back