• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

England's provisional 26 man squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Townsend, Delph, Wilshere, Sterling, unfit Horrenderson, Lallana and the final icing.... Rashford :lol:

Defoe, Carroll etc... who have shown form, miss out, yet 1 start wilshere, gets in? :lol:

Koff Roy.

I disagree but enjoyed the pun.
Rashford has enjoyed a purple patch at the start of his career but hasn't scored in the last 6 utd games. Defoe has chipped in time and time again. He's exactly who you want for a major tournament. Maybe Rashford might be on fire by 2018 but he's just this year's Walcott imo. Shouldn't be there.

Rashford has enjoyed a purple patch at the start of his career but hasn't scored in the last 6 utd games. Defoe has chipped in time and time again. He's exactly who you want for a major tournament. Maybe Rashford might be on fire by 2018 but he's just this year's Walcott imo. Shouldn't be there.

You realise that Rashford is going to get cut yeah?

Would you have Defoe ahead of Rooney, Vardy, Kane or Sturridge?

Tbh not surprised at the omission if our lads but Townsend, Wiltshire, delph?

lol

Hope they get utterly embarrassed again

I can see the argument for Defoe. It's all very well taking inexperienced strikers but you want at least one veteran there and he's had a better season than Rooney.

Rashford won't make the 23 so he's a red herring. It's vardy, sturridge, kane and rooney who have been picked in front of him and I think 3 of those are inarguable.

It's a good squad.

Hodgson knows far more about football than any of the people commenting in this thread do.

Apart from me obviously.

That's always a very weak avenue of reasoning on a football forum. Can apply the same logic to anyone complaining about Martinez this season. They're the pros, but even pros make mistakes.

And of course with England there are other factors to consider. I think the media influence the squad as much as the manager.

That's always a very weak avenue of reasoning on a football forum. Can apply the same logic to anyone complaining about Martinez this season. They're the pros, but even pros make mistakes.

And of course with England there are other factors to consider. I think the media influence the squad as much as the manager.

I didn't mean that Hodgson knows more cos he's a manager. I mean Hodgson knows more because he's made the choices I would have made and you all wouldn't have.

I honestly think he's got it right and all you have it wrong.

I didn't mean that Hodgson knows more cos he's a manager. I mean Hodgson knows more because he's made the choices I would have made and you all wouldn't have.

*leans back in chair and reaches for popcorn.

I'm with you. We'll show 'em.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back