• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

England's provisional 26 man squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wilshere was immense during the qualifying campaign and was man of the match in all but one of those games. If he's fit he had to be in the squad.

As for Rashford, he's 5th striker, he's probably going to be cut out of the 23 that actually goes to the euros. but give him a debut in the friendlies, show him around the squad. What's the harm of giving a kid some experience? He's England's Tom Davies.

On that shout Wilshire doesn't just make the squad, he's first on the team sheet.

Don't buy it personally as you can label past games on lots of players. He's not match fit or sharp.

And Townsend is now a championship player.

And Townsend is now a championship player.

He is but he's been the only player at Newcastle to play even remotely well. And we're really weak on the wings. Mikey's shout to take Lennon is not a terrible one, tbh. But I think Townsend offers more. Antonio or Albrighton are your other options and maybe would have been better but it's the same with Stirling and Lallana, they're in the squad because there's no outstanding wingers playing for England.

He is but he's been the only player at Newcastle to play even remotely well. And we're really weak on the wings. Mikey's shout to take Lennon is not a terrible one, tbh. But I think Townsend offers more. Antonio or Albrighton are your other options and maybe would have been better but it's the same with Stirling and Lallana, they're in the squad because there's no outstanding wingers playing for England.

You take Walcott. Simple. He's turned up for England too ala Wilshire.

You take Walcott. Simple. He's turned up for England too ala Wilshire.

Don't rate him at all. Like there is a world of difference between Wilshere coming back from injury and getting into the squad based on past performance and Walcott playing really badly and then getting into the squad based on past performance.

Plus Walcott was last good for England 7 years ago.

Wilshere was immense during the qualifying campaign and was man of the match in all but one of those games. If he's fit he had to be in the squad.

As for Rashford, he's 5th striker, he's probably going to be cut out of the 23 that actually goes to the euros. but give him a debut in the friendlies, show him around the squad. What's the harm of giving a kid some experience? He's England's Tom Davies.
He can have his debut in the 2018 qualifiers. Defoe should defoe be in the squad.

Christ, wow... Delph, Henderson, Lallana, Sterling, Townsend, Wilshire... worst midfield six in the entire competition?

Luckily Barkley is there to save the day....oh and Alli, Dier & Drinkwater.

For the rest of the squad I expect Townsend to be cut from that 26 to be honest, apart from a couple of stunners has done nothing to justify international standard. I would have Lennon over him every day of the week, scoring goals, creating along with the usual work ethic.

Rashford is a token to say keep on working hard we are thinking of you, although a phone call and a call up to the U21s can easily do that, I will be extremely surprised if he makes the 23.

Massive shame that Baines could not get enough games or a run of form together to be in contention and Jags obviously getting an injury at just the wrong time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back