Europa League 2014-15 ( incl. Ticket / Travel Info ).

Status
Not open for further replies.
so we want Hull to win the cup then we go straight to the group stage's I think

Other way around bud,

In the event the FA Cup winners are qualified for the UEFA Champions League the FA Cup runners-up will qualify, but in the place reserved for the lowest ranking Barclays Premier League representative. The place with direct access to the Group Stage will be given to the club that finishes in the highest position in the Barclays Premier League of the clubs qualifying for the UEFA Europa League.

Basically, Hull wins we get playoff, Hull loses we get pushed up to group spot

Other way around bud,

In the event the FA Cup winners are qualified for the UEFA Champions League the FA Cup runners-up will qualify, but in the place reserved for the lowest ranking Barclays Premier League representative. The place with direct access to the Group Stage will be given to the club that finishes in the highest position in the Barclays Premier League of the clubs qualifying for the UEFA Europa League.

Basically, Hull wins we get playoff, Hull loses we get pushed up to group spot

cheers for clearing that up bloke on the telly said it was the other way around cmon gooners

Easy, Arsenal. We don't need a 2 legged Euro game in August.

Straight to the groups in September and we should be starting around the same time as champions league. I don't know how the group draw works, but if we are seeded straight to the group do we get a better seed?

Straight to the groups in September and we should be starting around the same time as champions league. I don't know how the group draw works, but if we are seeded straight to the group do we get a better seed?

It works out the same, the seedings are based on teams UEFA coefficient scores, The highest ranked 12 teams form pot 1, the next 12 pot 2 etc, 48 teams in total. Teams get 2 coefficient points for getting into the group stages i.e finishing 5th or winning the FA Cup, if you finish 6th/7th or are runner up in the cup you get zero points until you get to the group stage where you get your 2 points the same as 5th/winning FA Cup. We are likely to be borderline pot 2/3 as our coefficient is pretty low due to not being in Europe for a while, I think we are ranked 83rd at the mo.

Reactions: MJ1

This has probably already been asked but how easy/hard will it be to get spares for aways?

Also, who are we to fear?

It depends who we play.

I remember playing AEK, and being serious, there was probably more spares, than none. There's always tickets bobbing about etc. If we get someone like Milan ('Northern' Italy is far safer than 'Southern' Italy btw) i'd say there will be a fair few flying about, it's the ones like Alkmaar, where the demand is huge, but the allocation is small, where you'll be struggling.
Games like BATE, Metallist, Dinamo Bucharest and AEK, are all gonna be considered 'unappealing', and you'll probably stand a good chance of a ticket, the likes of Sociedad and Sevilla, i wouldn't worry about either, as they almost certainly won't sell their allocations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back