Everton 0-1 Arsenal. 21st March at 20.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
got in work this morning at 7am, turned on the computer and seen this thread, cheered up a bit, opened the thread up to read my favourite posts of the week. and nothing!. day ruined

Everton vs Arsenal , I can be arsed :)

So as our good friend Chicoazul seems to have a life outside this forum (how very dare he?!) , I'm going to give this a go.

the-arsenal-1st-team-squad-good-old-arsenal-pye.jpg

Never in my living memery have one team spanked us so hard so many times and yet for some reason I find myself quietly confident, as I was before we played the RS and look how that ended -__-

Like us, the Gunners are enjoying a good 2nd half to the season but unlike us only have the league to focus on and by doing so they have'nt played since the 12th where they beat the Toon 2-1 at the Emerates. But looking at the wider picture Arsenal are 7 years without silverware and for a team that have their resources and in recent history went an entire league season unbeaten is somewhat of poor run. If they were to miss out on Champions League football next season it will be their worst season by far for some years.

arsenal-new-kit.jpg

So to the return of our once loved blue eyed boy, yes Mr Arteta, I know 90% of us will give him an awesome welcome, but then there is the fickle 10% who will boo the guy, I will say it hurt when he left us as I'v never loved another man(not in a put your thumb in my butt kinda way) as much as I did Mikel and is not affraid to say I felt physicaly sick on deadline day. But we move on and am glad for the guy to see him doing well at the Gunners. He is going about his bussiness much as he did for us by dictating pace and playing alot of easy balls and it comes as no suprise he is top of the passes played list (thanks to another GOT member for those facts).

WN-ARTETA1_2_1993986c.jpg

As far as the team news goes for us we have Peanuts back and expect to see him and Drente on opposite flanks, Gibson and Rodders (knee and mash potato hamstring) will be missing from the middle of the park so we should see "the fro" Fellaini partnered by either Pip or Osman depending on the mood of Mr Moyes. Upfront I would expect to see Cahill just behind the Jellyman who for me is looking like a snip at £5m. Mr Moyes has a headache of the best kind in defence with the returning Jags pushing for a start but who to replace as Jonny and Sylvan have been fantastic with the latter being my personal player of the season.

Football_-_Premier__652789t.jpg

As for them, well the bad news for us is RVP is fit as a ****in fiddle and is set to yet again carry the Arsenal team as he did in the earlier fixture where his moment of magic was the only thing to seperate us. Jack Wilshere is one of their most high profile long term sick but will be joined by Abou Diaby, Per Mertesacker and the mad as a hatter Frimpong.

man-u-arsenal.jpg

Our home form has been boss for the past few weeks so I fully expect we could get at least a point, unless Mr Moyes pulls a derby day wonder on us again.............COYB!!!!

PS This is my 1st go at something like this so be gentle, and I'm sorry for the sparce use of good old GOT words like "boss" "lid" and "cheese on toast".

good effort lid, they do always spank us, thanks for leaving out honourable mentions of 7-0 and the 6-1 which was our worst home league defeat in donkey years
im going for a draw here, poss 1-1

Moved -__- took me ages that n'all :( . I'm going 2-1 just cos I feel RVP will score but I still want us to win :)

Im going for a 3-2 scoreline, because i think Arteta and RVP will score, but i want us to win!! Cahill with 2 goals and Straq with the last minute winner!!

Will be wearing my 'Teta jersey today. I still love him and he gave us 6+ years of great footie here and was always classy on and off the pitch. Fellani+Arteta was never a good partnership (they each played better when one of the them was on the bench) and sadly one of them had to go.

Actually the real reason why I'm wearing my Arteta jersey is because he never seems to play well when I wear it.

Doubt many people would agree but i would play this:

Howard

Hibbert - Heitinga - Distin - Baines

Coleman - - Fellaini - - Pienaar

Cahill

Straq - Jelavic

May look attacking but to be honest if Straq/Cahill doesnt play, it just means either Neville will be in midfield or Osman, and to be honest id prefer Cahill than Osman tonight, purely so we are abit better at set pieces.

Means upfront we have a great finisher, and a big man upfront to hassle the defence and tire them out also. Plus i think he would get the fans going to!! Then in the centre you have Cahill and Fellaini, both capable of getting suck in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back