Everton 0-1 Queens Park Rangers. Saturday 20th August @ 15.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finished watching the game. Nothing to add versus everyone here but my sigh.

Sigh.

I was hoping we would start the season differently this year. Nope.

Only 1 game, but lord this game was there for the taking. Bad line-up, lackluster = loss.

Barkley - can't believe you're only 17 kiddo. Fantastic job (and as you get more game time, please go get someone other than your mum to give you a decent haircut :) ).

We were worse against Blackburn first game last season. MUCH WORSE.

Still poor this afternoon though. No denying that. Hopefully Fellaini, Arteta & Saha will be fully fit for next weekend.

people are slating the starting 11, but surely we played our best football in the first half? Dont get me wrong i am fuming! and it does seem to be said a lot, but on another day we would have had 3 goals in the first half, the freekcik which was maybe 3cm too high? a couple of penalty shouts and an open goal miss by cahill... none the less, i do think moyes got it badly wrong, but so too did the players.
We had plenty more besides....Beckford headed straight at Kenney, an instinctive striker would have headed down, Rodwell, Cahill and Neville all shot straight at the keeper. It felt like Villa away last season when we kept firing the ball directly at Friedel. So whilst none of it were pretty, there were plenty of chances for a scrappy 3 points. If we'd had 1 chance to their 14 rather than the other way round, then I'd really be worried

Also stop Mikel pulling rank (such as it is) over Baines at free kicks

From Sports Illustrated:

5. Everton's first-day nerves. Maybe QPR got a lucky break when Everton's scheduled game at Tottenham last week was called off. That meant the match at Goodison on Saturday was Everton's season opener. Everton doesn't like season openers. True to form it suffered its fourth straight first-game loss. Beaten 1-0 by new boys QPR, which did not attack well. It managed barely a shot on target. It didn't defend very well either. Everton had 14 shots. Yet Tommy Smith scored the only goal with a neat finish. Paddy Kenny, the Rangers keeper, stopped everything that came near him and QPR somehow won, 1-0. Little about the display suggested that QPR is good enough to avoid dropping straight back out of the Premier League. Yet it is the first of this season's promoted teams to win. But it was lucky to catch Everton at the right stage of the season and a little more such luck could be worth a lot of points.

Every single team outside of OUR men have had at least one competitive game this season.

We played good, but no end result. Not exactly a revelation.

FFS our missing game was Spurs with Wobbly Head.

Chill the feck out people.

In Toffee we TRUST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

O_o That was a ****ed up game. We dominated yet couldn't even get the keeper to make a decent save. I think there was one shot that wasn't aimed at the keeper courtesy of Barkley.

1) Insanely disappointed with Jags. He's had a extremely poor preseason and even last season I wasn't too impressed with him. I'm having a hard time trying to find something to justify us not trying to squeeze every penny out of Wenger. I can understand Heitinga's frustration as WC finalist when he is second choice to Jags' performance today. Idk, I'm trying so hard to see all this hype about Jags and I just can't. I keep expecting him to show me why everyone rates him so highly and I haven't seen it this preseason or last season, for me Distin is much better CB by far.

Lazy is the only word that comes to mind. It's depressing to see young and inexperienced players trying so hard when the should be leaders of the team couldn't set a poorer example. Beckford (minus the poor touches), Barkley, Baines, and even Rodwell (he look so insanely frustrated on the wings, don't blame him for the poor game) ran so hard today and for what? Neville's poor crosses and the teams failure to communicate simple passes?

Coleman come back, we need you! Also ditch one of the midfielders and stick Vellios up with Beckford even just for 20 mins at the end of a game. Maybe they could work something out until Saha is 100%

Osman sucks at the wings but at least he can play there. Putting Rodwell on the wings is the opposite of giving him a chance.

I didn't realize Ross had Nigerian lineage. That makes 3. Evertonigeria (could've been four but word is we sold Yobo).

Every single team outside of OUR men have had at least one competitive game this season.

We played good, but no end result. Not exactly a revelation.

FFS our missing game was Spurs with Wobbly Head.

Chill the feck out people.

In Toffee we TRUST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We did not "play good". I was there and we were dreadful.

Hello all, havent been on in a while summer when you are a tattooist is a busy time, but i thought i would get back on here this morning after watching neil warnock show us our arse on motd, lack of motivation and general discontent at the club is a sight to behold, i think its going to be a long hard season

Hello all, havent been on in a while summer when you are a tattooist is a busy time, but i thought i would get back on here this morning after watching neil warnock show us our arse on motd, lack of motivation and general discontent at the club is a sight to behold, i think its going to be a long hard season

Thnaks for cheering me up Sharron!
I can't even draw on paper, let alone on skin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back