Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Ndiaye 63'

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Beto 76'

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Holgate 85'

Votes: 5 2.2%

• Total voters

Tbf, I would have picked Keane as well. He's had a decent pre-season and crucially has PL experience. Although everyone loved O'Brien in preseason, proper matches are different and he is still young and inexperienced. Think he needs to be eased in as he was obviously bought as a replacement for a central defender. (Tarkowski can't go on forever either.)
We need to bring in fullback cover but Young is the best option (again Dixon is nowhere near ready). Young vs Holgate? Young every time.
Not all experience is positive experience.

I believe micheal Keane should be the poster boy for this phrase

Little hope of keeping a clean sheet today with that backline.

Let's hope Doucs and DCL are on it as they usually give Brighton backline big issues.

Bench at least has a couple of decent attacking options on it so hopefully they'll be seen by the hour mark rather than 89th minute.

2-2.

More pragmatic. It's pretty much the same line up as last season, so there's a familiarity in showing the new players the set up and what's expected.

It's a very good bench to make an impact.
What’s preseason for, then?? Michael Keane has shown incompetence at best, and outright liability for goals at worst time and again. JOB might be unknown but so was Branthwaite a couple of years ago (at this level). It’s simply not a good enough reason to leave him out.

Very obviously I hope I’m proven wrong, but it screams of pure cowardice from Dyche and sends a terrible message to all.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back