Everton 1-1 Arsenal. Weds 28th November @ 19:45

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as this recent run has been frustrating, we're still only 4 points behind 4th which isn't that bad of a place to be at the minute.

A big result in the city or spurs game will have us feeling a lot better about ourselves.

I just hope we don't rue these missed opportunities come the end of the season but we just need to get on with it now and forget about it.
If we were putting the chances away and stopping making stupid mistakes at the back we would be in a really strong position, not 4 points off 4th

Well, if Moyes is saying Baines' injury a blow then you unfortunately tend to believe he'll at least miss a couple of games. Just hope it doesn't go beyond that.

Also, i liked the part where people were all cheering the Liverpool result. The result which knocked us into 6th place. Nice one ffs.

Delighted they lost. We are a good side and I honestly think we can finish above Spurs as they are not what they were last term. Rather see the shiite put firmly in their place. It's still relatively early doors in the season.

Gutted bout Baines. Thought pienaar was good tonight myself and Jelavic worked harder just cant finish or get back into position.

Played really well tonight. Jelavic, Pienaar, Jagielka, Baines were great; Osman my man of the match, he was outstanding. Hibbert and Gibson contributed well.

Can I just say Fellaini is the most overrated player around. He was rubbish tonight and couldn't trap a bag of cement let alone find a blue shirt with a pass. One swing of his big hoof and everyone is creaming. Complete highlights player. £30 million for him would be laughable. No club, surely, is that stupid.

Also, i liked the part where people were all cheering the Liverpool result. The result which knocked us into 6th place. Nice one ffs.

Whereas I don't understand evertonians not cheering.

Must be an age thing, if you lived through them winning everything every year while we stood like orphans peering in in the sweetshop window wishing we could just have one sweetie as they gorged and laughed you'd understand.

Also cheering Liverpool was instinctive. I don't have time to consider the wider implications, if I see theyre on the losing side it just warms my heart, there is nothing else to say.

Felt deflated in the end. We did okay but I thought we still looked a yard off the pace at times and were below our best but we were still the better side. Osman was terrific. Was really encouraged by Jelavic as well. He'll be fine. Such a shame he couldn't take that chance he made for himself first half. Brilliant bit of play to nearly set up Naismith.

Pienaar did well too. That is why you don't drop players with quality. His work rate for our goal was fantastic. Gibson was a yard off the pace but did okay and Hibbert did well despite not being 100% as well. Naismith was awful though. He's never a right winger and we need to stop playing him there. He's clueless in that position. Oviedo should be started there until Mirallas is back. Good sub from Moyes to change that early on. We were pretty lop sided and it was a bit of a hark back to when we were simply only a threat down the left. Fellaini disappointed me, like. Looked either tired or as though he couldn't be arsed.

I think later on in the season we'll find our cutting edge (injuries permitting). We're picking up enough points for the time being to still be in the mix come January when we tend to kick on. That'll do me for now. No pressure on Saturday and then hopefully we can throw everything at Spurs and consolidate our place in the top 5/6.

Met AB tonight. Top, top blue with boss tattoos. Think I saw EFCNIK as well at the Oak if I remember him from the member photo thread correctly. That's barnet is quite something, like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back