Everton 2-0 Blackpool. Sat 18th Feb at 15.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great start aided by some gash Blackpool defending. I'd like to see us be a bit more clinical though and kill them off. Fellaini got in the way of a good Stracq chance and Gibson stole the ball of Gueye who was in a great position, but other than those two incidents the interplay has been great.

Gueye and Drenthe have been running the show for me. They can't handle Drenthe at all and Maggy's delivery is excellent.

I can't believe how much stick Moyes give Royston to be honest. His work rate is sensational and he's making things happen.

That crossfield ball from Drenthe to Baines was awful, went out for a throw in.

Neville misplayed a 5 yeard pass to Gibson resulting in us losing posession.

Difference is Drenthe has already scored 1, created 1 and looked like doing more damage.

Its not just the personel that are the problem, its the way we are set up and how we play.

Compare todays line ups and performance with earlier in the season, we can play this type of football without Pienaar, Arteta and Donovon.

Just our manager chooses not to.

Total control, lads. Missed first 20 minutes (and goals!), but looks like we've had about 90% possession or something! Have just seen highlights - blistering goal from Drenthe, my MOTM so far, and well taken one by The Count.

Orchard, your Inbox is full, but thanks for the great advice re streams.

Oh another little observaton.

I still think our movement is piss poor. I've noticed Drenthe cutting in a lot with the ball looking to play people in but everyone's static.

Say what you want about Royston but the only kind of static he is, is f*cking electric.

So far so good, all midfield are playering well, gibson is very good at breaking up the play, both wingers look very sharp and we look a big threat up front with straq and felli, just got to carry on, 45 minutes away from the quarter finals. COYB!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back