Everton 2-0 Sunderland. January 27 8pm ko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vaughan for Bily. A nice 4-4-2

Id be happy with that, sunderlands confidence is in tatters, throw 2 up top and put their defence under pressure from the start and i think we,ll win.

I know the 2 up top for us hasnt worked in certain games in the past but sunderland will have prepared for this game thinking we will go with our usual formation, they will pack defence and midfield and probably go 1 up top themselves hoping to come away with a draw, an early goal could be vital here as the longer the game goes on the more we will end up launching balls from full back areas and turner and co. will lap it up. Id also play ossie instead of cahill, we will need more guile than tim can offer to break sunderland down. Put pienaar out on the left again.

howard
neville heitinga distin baines

donovan osman fellaini pienaar

saha vaughan

subs:
cahill
billy
arteta
senderos
coleman
agard
nash

thats a better looking bench than we,ve seen in a long time

Last edited:
2-0?

Everton's rarely been shut out this season and Wednesday will be no different. We'll score. It's a matter of us keeping Sunderland out of the net.

I think we can but I'll go with a 2-1 victory to Everton. 2-0 if we play like we did against Man City.

sunderland to win 2-0 there due a change of luck and there main man cattermole is back.

:lol: not a chance.

Even if THEIR main man is back so is ours, even if the best little Spaniard we know only makes the bench again. I'd also say THEY'RE not due a change of luck either, they've been gash of late.

I got some spontaneous capitals in THERE. Can't think why.

sunderland to win 2-0 there due a change of luck and there main man cattermole is back.

This Grandoldteam lad, you are a Sunderland supporter, state you case, behave and join in...........don't try and hit and run as it is silly, a bit like your prediction

This Grandoldteam lad, you are a Sunderland supporter, state you case, behave and join in...........don't try and hit and run as it is silly, a bit like your prediction

You tell him, Monts! 2-0 to us I reckon. Cahill (due a goal) and let's say ummmm, I dunno... Donovan.

cahill should be benched after the weekend
my team would be
howard
coleman heitinga distin baines
osman felli pienaar bily
donovan
saha
bench
nash nev cahill vaughan rodwell arteta gosling duffy

but moyes will play nev ahead of coleman

Philippe Senderos goes straight into the Everton squad to face Sunderland at Goodison on Wednesday evening.

The defender completed his loan move from Arsenal on Monday that will see him stay with the Blues until the end of the season.

"We will try to get him up to speed in case he is needed because he hasn't had many games," said Moyes in his pre-match press conference.

"He has experience under his belt. He knows there are no guarantees he can start but I do know that there will be opportunities arising."

However Mikel Arteta is rated as 50/50 for the mid-week Premier League match.

"It is like having a new signing having Mikel back but I have already said we need to give him time," Moyes told the press.

"He played a bounce game (behind closed doors friendly) yesterday at the training ground but he was only able to complete 30 minutes because he had a slight groin strain."

The Everton manager says he will wait on a decision on whether to include the Spanish midfielder in his plans for Wednesday's game.

"Arteta may or may not be in squad, I can't decide on that just yet," explained Moyes. "A lot of these things happen when you are recovering from injury but we know that is the way.

"We just need to be mindful that he is coming back from a year out and we can't expect him to come back as the same Mikel Arteta who left us a year back."

Everton: Howard, Nash, Neville, Coleman, Heitinga, Senderos, Distin, Baines, Fellaini, Osman, Arteta, Pienaar, Bilyaletdinov, Donovan, Cahill, Saha, Vaughan, Duffy, Baxter, Forshaw, Agard.

cahill should be benched after the weekend
my team would be
howard
coleman heitinga distin baines
osman felli pienaar bily
donovan
saha
bench
nash nev cahill vaughan rodwell arteta gosling duffy

but moyes will play nev ahead of coleman
Read that as a player at first, got all excited. The latest academy striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back