Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Gueye '83

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Garner '83

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Harrison '46

Votes: 3 0.8%

• Total voters
We have played better and lost, we will play better and lose again this season. First half was really bad. 2nd half intensity much better. Mangala solid, not sure Doucoure has done enough to replace Tim in the team. Disappointed in Dyche just seeming to suddenly have him as 5th choice midfielder. But good problem to have I suppose. Linstrom was the fall guy for that first half, he delivers a mean deadball but pace of the game is a problem for him still.
I agree. First half way terrible. Second half was a professional performance with a few moments of brilliance. Barring injuries to key players I think we'll be fine this season. We have quite a few new players bedding in or playing in different roles so hopefully there is lots of room to improve

we’ve won mate but it’s still scandalous

if palace went 2 up the game was over

wait till newcastle bum us

and youl change your mind

PAPERING OVER CRACK

PAPERING OVER CRACKS
Loving the positivety as always - UTFT

PAPERING OVER CRACKS
It was rubbish but just have to move on was about the win thats it, not going take anything from it apart from was good to finally win after coming from behind. I just see it as if he doesnt get results now then he will be moved on.

Great to get the win and good second half showing after an abysmal first half performance.

The manager of ours is still an absolute joke, shocking tactics and in game management yet again.

Sounds like the improvement didn’t have anything to do with dyche either. Doesnt surprise me tbh.

We have lambasted Dyche with his substitutions this season and rightly so. However, he got it spot on this time.

Lindstrøm was terrible in the first half and a switch for Harrison improved us.

We then started dropping deeper & deeper with Palace trying the diagonal ball over Mykolenko; we needed to get more pressure on the ball.

Garner and Gueye did exactly that.

I have been super critical of Dyche this season, but credit where it is due, those substitutions today contributed to the win.

I thought we looked pretty disjointed in the first half, like the team had a plan but each player was told a different part of the plan and had to work the rest out for themselves. It was good to see Sean Dyche recognise there was a problem and make the early changes. His substitutions were on point for once.

Dwight McNeil was my MotM for his two goals and decent all-round performance.

Pickford had no chance of catching the cross - it was well too high and looping.

The key point is he didn't seem to know that.

As it orbited left to right across his visual horizon (like a space station, it was that high) its trajectory was obviously well out of reach very early on.

Yet he advanced off out of his line 4 or 5 paces, then: sin of sins; he back peddled. He was NOT FOR THE FIRST TIME indecisive !!

His options were:
1) Stay.
or
2) Go, Go, Go, commit all the way and attack the ball at the point of contact with the intended targets head...and the 'Arteta/Dark Arts' side of me doesn't mind if there's a bit of opposition earhole in that contact along with the ball either.

But he chose a '3rd none option' of doing a partial hokey-cokey but sadly neglecting the 'put your whole self in' bit.

Not withstanding the fact that Doucoure gave a Gomes / Lukaku-esque exhibition of the...he might be a big lad, but there are just some players who shouldn't be let anywhere near their own box...type of player.

As to the rest:

Re. Dyche and the new Ownership; To misquote the late Robbie Coltrane...“Depend upon it, sir, when a man knows he is to be hanged in a fortnight, it concentrates his mind wonderfully."

With a virtually unheard of proactive Half Time substitution no less! - who knew?

Ndiaye and McNeil continue to impress in their respective (new-ish) positions.

Branthwaite seemed a bit rusty. But was unlucky not to get a penalty.

How is it that VAR can spot a toenail offside from 50yds away yet when one of the biggest men on the pitch grabs one of the other biggest men on the pitch and wrestles him to the ground, they suddenly go into full 'white stick and Labrador' mode.

Tarkowski seems a bit 'better' now, could that be a combination of recovery from a knock and not having to keep half an eye on Keane - who can tell?

Young did for him, OK.
But no Dixon even on the bench.
Gordon will fancy his chances and no mistake.

3 pts in the bag and we shoot up the league, whats not to like?

Barcodes up next, a bigger but not insurmountable challenge...so long as that diving rs [Poor language removed] Gordon stays on his feet.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back