Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Gueye '83

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Garner '83

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Harrison '46

Votes: 3 0.8%

• Total voters
We have lambasted Dyche with his substitutions this season and rightly so. However, he got it spot on this time.

Lindstrøm was terrible in the first half and a switch for Harrison improved us.

We then started dropping deeper & deeper with Palace trying the diagonal ball over Mykolenko; we needed to get more pressure on the ball.

Garner and Gueye did exactly that.

I have been super critical of Dyche this season, but credit where it is due, those substitutions today contributed to the win.
He is rubbish in the first four games, and in the fifth actually does what he gets paid to do, and he is a super manager.

When I do my job, my company just pays my salary.

We have lambasted Dyche with his substitutions this season and rightly so. However, he got it spot on this time.

Lindstrøm was terrible in the first half and a switch for Harrison improved us.

We then started dropping deeper & deeper with Palace trying the diagonal ball over Mykolenko; we needed to get more pressure on the ball.

Garner and Gueye did exactly that.

I have been super critical of Dyche this season, but credit where it is due, those substitutions today contributed to the win.
It was refreshing to see the subs made but in fairness Palace had two fresh players on and we were looking extremely leggy in the middle of the park largely due to Doucoure but Mangala also tiring (rightly so as he'd been excellent imo). If he'd have brought off Doucoure then somebody else might have been in that position when he was free through - it was a pitiful effort.

The sub Lindstrom for Harrison was obvious as the former stunk the place out with his performance and body language first half.

It wasn't a great tactical decision playing Branthwaite, and it was baffling to hear him after the game say it was a tight call on deciding on Branthwaite as Keane has had a "really strong start to the season" (despite being a central part of a defence that's conceded the most goals over the first 4 games of a season in our history).

One thing that pleased me was the performance of Jack Harrison - it's no surprise that he looked hungry to impress since losing his place. Look what happens when there is competition for places all of a sudden. Maybe if we had another/a capable left back we'd look stronger there too?

Anyway, I offer Dyche credit for yesterday as he takes the flack when we lose, so he must also get the plaudits when we win, however a 2-1 home victory against Crystal Palace should never be classed as an 'excellent' result as some on here have claimed.

The next six results may define our season as it's our on-paper easiest run of the entire season and if we fail to pick up a significant number of points there it's impossible to think results will suddenly change in December when we go into our hardest on-paper run of the season.

Newcastle H
Ipswich A
Fulham H
Southampton A
West Ham A
Brentford H

We need to be getting at least 10 points there otherwise we're, imo, going to be in and around the bottom three come the turn of the year once we've had to face United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and City within the space of 4 weeks.

Awful first half ,up there with as bad as I’ve seen under dyche but significantly better second half . The manager made positive changes in terms of personnel and tactically which paid off with the deserved win.

Credit to dyche for the change , I was also going to give him credit for what I assumed was a taking the paint off the walls /rallying cry at half time but looking at what young has said seems that was down to seamus . You’d think that would be down to the manager but it worked so that’ll do .

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back