Match Thread Everton 2-3 AFC Bournemouth (Sat 31 Aug 3:00 PM)

Your Everton MOTM vs Bournemouth

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
C'mon man, I can't believe that people are blaming the manager for this.

It's all easy in hindsight eh..

It wasn't the subs, it was THE PLAYERS.

It literally looked like we could bring on 5 of our young lads and win the game at the time.

These SAME players that we have seen doing this multiple times are a disgrace.
It was the subs, take off the Dyche tinted glasses, with Ndaiye on Bournemouth couldn't get at us because they were terrified of leaving him space to run into on the break. As soon as he was replaced by Doucoure, Bournemouth attacked at will. That in itself may not have been too disastrous if he had changed formation and shut up shop. I'm afraid that this very definitely was a case of poor game management. His options were, leave Ndaiye on and take of the visibly tiring Iroegbunon or McNeil. Or, if he thought Ndaiye was cooked, he should have replaced him with Lindstrom. God knows why he thought he had to give Ndaiye a rest,we haven't got a game for a fortnight.

IMG_1728.webp

C'mon man, I can't believe that people are blaming the manager for this.

It's all easy in hindsight eh..

It wasn't the manager, it was THE PLAYERS.

It literally looked like we could bring on 5 of our young lads and win the game at the time.

These SAME players that we have seen doing this multiple times are a disgrace.
His insistence on playing Doucoure is the root of the issue

It was the subs, take off the Dyche tinted glasses, with Ndaiye on Bournemouth couldn't get at us because they were terrified of leaving him space to run into on the break. As soon as he was replaced by Doucoure, Bournemouth attacked at will. That in itself may not have been too disastrous if he had changed formation and shut up shop. I'm afraid that this very definitely was a case of poor game management. His options were, leave Ndaiye on and take of the visibly tiring Iroegbunon or McNeil. Or, if he thought Ndaiye was cooked, he should have replaced him with Lindstrom. God knows why he thought he had to give Ndaiye a rest,we haven't got a game for a fortnight.
Look, if you're blaming the manager for that shambles at the end, then I don't know what to say, but I'll respect your opinion.

Me personally, I'm sick of these same players doing consistently what they do.

For me, there's one common denominator, and it's not the manager.

The performance gives me optimism for the season. Honestly, results aren't THAT important at this stage of the season. The promoted 3 are losing every game too.
I’m sorry but you need to give your head a wobble if you think results aren’t important at any stage. A 1-0 win with a crap performance is infinitely better than playing amazing football but losing

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back