Match Thread Everton 2-3 AFC Bournemouth (Sat 31 Aug 3:00 PM)

Your Everton MOTM vs Bournemouth

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just back from the game. I really enjoyed the first 86 minutes. We played some excellent stuff and completely bullied Bournemouth.

Bournemouth made the changes because they were so bad and none of the changes made any impact until the first goal so I’m not having the coach made the changes to win it. They were wanting to get back on the coach home.

Tim was my MOTM - he wins every ball he goes for and turns out too which I haven’t seen an Everton player do for a long time. Ndiaye was also very exciting but came in and out of the game a little which is probably why his number came up.

Crosses were coming in far too easy in those last 9 minutes and it was really players low on confidence panicking.

I was nearly in tears for me and my two boys at the final whistle.

We go again!

Just back from the game. I really enjoyed the first 86 minutes. We played some excellent stuff and completely bullied Bournemouth.

Bournemouth made the changes because they were so bad and none of the changes made any impact until the first goal so I’m not having the coach made the changes to win it. They were wanting to get back on the coach home.

Tim was my MOTM - he wins every ball he goes for and turns out too which I haven’t seen an Everton player do for a long time. Ndiaye was also very exciting but came in and out of the game a little which is probably why his number came up.

Crosses were coming in far too easy in those last 9 minutes and it was really players low on confidence panicking.

I was nearly in tears for me and my two boys at the final whistle.

We go again!
I wish we wouldn’t

We can't see games out , our game management is so poor, go down injured fake it, make subs but one at a time, hold the ball, kill the game....we have an underbelly that is frighteningly fragile....I was stunned in the ground and 2 hours later I'm still the same

Look, if you're blaming the manager for that shambles at the end, then I don't know what to say, but I'll respect your opinion.

Me personally, I'm sick of these same players doing consistently what they do.

For me, there's one common denominator, and it's not the manager.
If you don't think that capitulation was down to poor substitutions and the total shambles of failing to close the game down and see out the last ten minutes after taking off our best outlet and replacing him with the clumsy Doucoure, then words fail me also.

I have not called for Dyche to be sacked, but, he really does push his luck. The interesting is, like you, the ginger David Brent will blame the players, or the ref, or the crowd or anybody other than himself. Protecting that lead for the final 10 minutes is what he gets paid for. He's the manager, solutions and weighing up the options are how he is supposed to earn his exorbitant wage.

The common denominator here is actually Dyche, he picks the team, he makes the subs and he dictates the tactics.

They need to practice keep ball and employ that at the end of the game, How hard can it be?
When you need to keep the ball, you obviously bring Beto and Doucouré on, don't you, with their terrible touch and gangly style? Don't you?

When you need to keep the ball, you obviously leave the two central midfielders on, when they're out their on their last legs? Don't you?

I said earlier that the players have to shoulder some responsibility, but as a manager it is your responsibility to make sure we are best suited to the needs.

K'in ell, I'd have even got to five at the back with how they were stretching our back line.

I get that it was a good performance for majority of game and to take heart from that

But it was Bournemouth for christ sake, not gonna see much worse visit goodison this season.

Too many goals shipped already this season. Our goals against is the only thing giving Haaland competition.

I completely disagree. If we scrapped a 1-0 win from a set-piece against the run off play with poor performances throughout team I would think we are in for a very long season. That performance on the other hand gives me confidence that we have enough to easily finish outside the bottom 7 because we played very good football in the second half, created some excellent chances, our new signings Tim and Ndiaye look like fantastic additions and they had a positive effect on players like Harrison, McNeil and DCL. Quality of performance at this stage of the season is more indicative of points tally in the long run than results are.

This is what teams who get relegated do.

We are conceding 3+ goals per game. This can’t continue.
Dyche has never achieved a point in August with Everton, and a common denominator is Michael Keane. Is he solely to blame? No...

... but right now we have a defence that is far, far from the robust, dogged system that people think Dyche brings to a team. Right now, we're so open!

No game management towards the end, taking our attacking threat off that looked like he was going to score was the start of it. On Dyche this one unfortunately.
Thankfully he can’t blame O’Brien, Dixon, Ndiaye or Lindstrom for so called lack of experience of the end of that game, that is on the most experienced at the club, including himself.

Look, if you're blaming the manager for that shambles at the end, then I don't know what to say, but I'll respect your opinion.

Me personally, I'm sick of these same players doing consistently what they do.

For me, there's one common denominator, and it's not the manager.
So why does he keep picking some of them?
Even Stevie Wonder could see that playing McNeill,Harrison,Keane and Doucoure is going to be a problem…there’s enough evidence based on past performances.

A number of our players were dead on their feet between 70- 85 minutes and needed to be subbed…he chose not to make the changes to ensure a much needed victory and 3 points.

Coleman was subbed against Doncaster so how is he going to last another 20 minutes against much superior opposition after 3 days recovery time?

There is a losing mentality amongst a number of the players but it is also evident in the football management team as well and they are the ones who pick the team including the serial under-performers every week.

Dyche,Stone and Woan should not escape criticism so easily.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back